Frozen Synapse but with cool looking Team Fortress art

Started by undercovergeek, May 13, 2015, 11:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 22, 2015, 02:56:38 PM
Quote from: -budd- on May 21, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
I'm bumping this because it is now released and i want to make sure Rooks/Geek know that, 10% off no less.When you buy it please post your impressions ;D

Where has it been released ? Cant remember what it was called now and the video has been taken down ....



it became lethal tactics as opposed to armed tactics

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

undercovergeek

#17
 O0

a quick game overview


RooksBailey

Definitely has that Frozen Synapse vibe to it.  Looking good!  Hope it arrives in good condition.  It is already almost a release day buy for me.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Cyrano

So far this Lethal Tactics is what I had hoped Frozen Synapse would be.

Enjoying the heck out of it and we'll only get more content as the EA evolves!

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on May 23, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
So far this Lethal Tactics is what I had hoped Frozen Synapse would be.

Enjoying the heck out of it and we'll only get more content as the EA evolves!

What do you like better in this than FS? I really like FS and this looks just as fun.

-budd-

Quote from: Cyrano on May 23, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
So far this Lethal Tactics is what I had hoped Frozen Synapse would be.

I'd like to hear about this also, frozen synapse is solid fun. Is it just graphical? or what. Question: from what i can see from the video's there's just one game mode right now, is that right? One game mode and four maps seems kinda light for an early access launch. I worried about them not putting in random skirmish mode. But damn i love these types of games.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Cyrano

In the end, I guess it is predominantly aesthetic.

I'll observe that I'm shocked this isn't the same folks that built Frozen Synapse, but I suppose they didn't quite invent the notion of "STB" games either...they just made it run.

I played a lot of FS from well before launch, but I never warmed to the art direction and overall look.  It also bothered me that I could never get down "into" the game and look over shoulders or see the game from the "soldier's" viewpoint.   LT looks and plays like paintball with real weapons.  The levels -- though relatively few -- are well thought out and, again, remind me of our local indoor paintball range which has purpose-built themed areas made of chipboard.

I haven't messed around a great deal with the class and abilities systems,  but they're still working on that too as there's more depth promised than in evidence.

The cost of entry is very low and, FWIW, when I bought it, it came with an extra key for free so it was a good deal as well.  Let me say, it's not that I don't like FS...I do.  It's just that the look and feel of this one is more what I had in mind.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

undercovergeek

And a hearty handshake for the free key for bringing the game to your attention!!

Oh, wait.....!

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Cyrano

For the record, I turned the key over to PanzerDe...as if he and I don't have enough games to play...

And, yes, elimination is the only match, but there's something called "Cage Match" in the "Coming Soon" category.

More on the aesthetic side, I am really taken by watching the replays in this one...feels more "story" than FS, but, again, it's like just an aesthetic...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

-budd-

just sounds like they aren't going the random map generation direction, that will definitely limit the replayability.Playing the same handful of maps will get old, even with randoms starts. Unless their planning on selling map packs or instituting workshop this is an odd way to go in my opinion.If it had random maps i'd already be playing it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Cyrano

They'd have to do something procedural to get a random map system to work...certainly possible, but I imagine it's a mite more difficult than was the case for FS.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806