Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Barthheart on June 18, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
Victory at Sea for $6.99!  :o

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298480/

Fun game, especially for that price.

Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 18, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
Victory at Sea for $6.99!  :o

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298480/

Fun game, especially for that price.

Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!

O0 Glad to help.  :D

Huw the Poo

Wait a minute.  Thankfully my research pays off for once.  Apparently you can't save mid-battle.  Back out of my cart.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 18, 2015, 01:52:34 PM
Wait a minute.  Thankfully my research pays off for once.  Apparently you can't save mid-battle.  Back out of my cart.

:'( Oh no, that was my biggest gripe with Naval War Arctic Circle!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Huw the Poo

Yeah and it's the reason I gave the otherwise-decent Spacecom a negative review on Steam - which is also the highest-rated review, showing people give a damn about this.

I'm glad I found out before clicking buy.  What a shame.

steve58

I'm kind of conflicted on this, since I, too totally hated the fact you could not save mid-battle with NWAC, but, it never seemed to be as big an issue/problem for me with VaS...maybe because the battles seem to progress faster and there's not as much setup/planning involved with Vas vs NWAC???  IMHO, for the price, I'd still grab it...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Freyland

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 18, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
Victory at Sea for $6.99!  :o

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298480/

Fun game, especially for that price.

Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!
WAIT! If you have Starpointe Gemini 2, they just converted SG1 to the new engine and made it free DLC!

I can only pray I was in time.

Nefaro





Is this not PC gaming?  WTF lately?   >:(

Pete Dero

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!

Maybe better get Starpoint Gemini 2 (currently on sale on Steam and GOG) with the free Origin DLC http://store.steampowered.com/app/371060/

Origin Features:  Play through the 30 storyline missions of the original Starpoint Gemini, re-envisioned as free DLC for Starpoint Gemini 2!

Rayfer

How is Starpoint Gemini 2.....it's in today's flash sales for $11.89.  Is combat a twitchy click-fest? The price is good but is it worth the investment in time?

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

PanzersEast

@Rayfer
I did not find it a click fest and I really like it... they offered free DLC and it plays somewhat like a cross between ST Fleet Command, Space Rangers etc... I have enjoyed it.

@budd
I would recommend Ascension as the better game with a stat progression and squad management, better missions/campaign, more enemies, weapons and better maps, just a lot more content....


PE

steve58

#162
Only a few more days and I've yet to pick up anything!  ...but I do have my eye on a few things. 

Europa Universailis IV El Dorado for sure.

Anyone picked up Homebrew?  As a fan of Kerbal Space Program, this one keeps calling me.  I haven't given the demo enough attention, but may still grab it at $7.

...and still waiting for Invisible Inc to get a real nice discount.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

OK, seems the EUIV prices changed from what they were earlier today.  At 1pm I saw EUIV for ~$8 and the El Dorado DLC was at ~$7.  Now EUIV is $10 and El Dorado is $3.75.   Grabbed El Dorado real quick at that price  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

DennisS

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 19, 2015, 09:02:04 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!

Maybe better get Starpoint Gemini 2 (currently on sale on Steam and GOG) with the free Origin DLC http://store.steampowered.com/app/371060/

Origin Features:  Play through the 30 storyline missions of the original Starpoint Gemini, re-envisioned as free DLC for Starpoint Gemini 2!

Is Starpoint Gemini 2 any good?