Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

Bought in the last 24 hours:

Shroud of the Avatar

Convoy

Nefaro

Also just picked up:

Space Hulk: Ascension.
Plus it's Dark Angels DLC.  Because ... WAYY better than Space Wolves *gag*.  :P

EU4: El Dorado DLC plus the sprite pack. 


Mostly just been filling in some inexpensive DLC I've been wanting to get on sale lately, other than the latest Space Hulk which I had been expecting to hit the daily sale sometime.  Patience pays off, Grasshoppa.

steve58

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 19, 2015, 05:23:16 PM
Bought in the last 24 hours:

Shroud of the Avatar

Convoy


O0 Convoy is another I've been eyeballing, but will likely pick it up in a later sale...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on June 19, 2015, 05:41:07 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 19, 2015, 05:23:16 PM
Bought in the last 24 hours:

Shroud of the Avatar

Convoy


O0 Convoy is another I've been eyeballing, but will likely pick it up in a later sale...


There is some other Post-Apoc game with a vaguely similar look coming up later this year.  I'll have to go dig it up on my Wishlist and post a new thread.  The concept of the upcoming one appeals to me a lot more IIRC.

Freyland

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 19, 2015, 09:02:04 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!

Maybe better get Starpoint Gemini 2 (currently on sale on Steam and GOG) with the free Origin DLC http://store.steampowered.com/app/371060/

Origin Features:  Play through the 30 storyline missions of the original Starpoint Gemini, re-envisioned as free DLC for Starpoint Gemini 2!
Did I not just say that two posts up? Lol, English is even my primary language!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on June 19, 2015, 05:41:07 PM
O0 Convoy is another I've been eyeballing, but will likely pick it up in a later sale...

I was holding out for a better price drop to begin with.  It's cheap enough, but I've bought a few games already.  However since it became apparent that a deeper discount wasn't going to happen, and I had some credit on GOG anyway, I went for it.  Will post impressions later, unless there's already a thread around here.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Freyland on June 19, 2015, 07:00:52 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 19, 2015, 09:02:04 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!

Maybe better get Starpoint Gemini 2 (currently on sale on Steam and GOG) with the free Origin DLC http://store.steampowered.com/app/371060/

Origin Features:  Play through the 30 storyline missions of the original Starpoint Gemini, re-envisioned as free DLC for Starpoint Gemini 2!
Did I not just say that two posts up? Lol, English is even my primary language!

Sorry, missed it.  But English is only my fourth language  ;) .

Do you own the game ?  If so, would you recommend it ?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on June 19, 2015, 05:43:47 PM
Quote from: steve58 on June 19, 2015, 05:41:07 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 19, 2015, 05:23:16 PM
Bought in the last 24 hours:

Shroud of the Avatar

Convoy


O0 Convoy is another I've been eyeballing, but will likely pick it up in a later sale...


There is some other Post-Apoc game with a vaguely similar look coming up later this year.  I'll have to go dig it up on my Wishlist and post a new thread.  The concept of the upcoming one appeals to me a lot more IIRC.

Are you thinking darkfuture the car wars type one?

That might be a day oner for me

Huw the Poo

Can't post properly right now, but for those interested, Convoy looks very promising after a quick go.  It's similar to FTL but the combat is much more nuanced and involving.

steve58

Convoy is on Flash sale for $12,74, but still think I'm going to wait until the next sale(s)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Freyland

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 20, 2015, 03:32:01 AM
Quote from: Freyland on June 19, 2015, 07:00:52 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 19, 2015, 09:02:04 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on June 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Thanks Barthheart - just added it to my Steam cart, along with both DLC for AoW3 and Starpoint Gemini 1. I just crumbled big time!

Maybe better get Starpoint Gemini 2 (currently on sale on Steam and GOG) with the free Origin DLC http://store.steampowered.com/app/371060/

Origin Features:  Play through the 30 storyline missions of the original Starpoint Gemini, re-envisioned as free DLC for Starpoint Gemini 2!
Did I not just say that two posts up? Lol, English is even my primary language!

Sorry, missed it.  But English is only my fourth language  ;) .

Do you own the game ?  If so, would you recommend it ?
I'm the proud owner of both SP1, SP2 and all associated DLCs.


I have yet to play any of them.  :-\

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 20, 2015, 05:12:00 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 19, 2015, 05:43:47 PM


There is some other Post-Apoc game with a vaguely similar look coming up later this year.  I'll have to go dig it up on my Wishlist and post a new thread.  The concept of the upcoming one appeals to me a lot more IIRC.

Are you thinking darkfuture the car wars type one?

That might be a day oner for me


Don't think so.

It's more of a tactical turn-based skirmish game with an open & randomized campaign layer map featuring gang management and rpg-ish improvement. 

Think Battle Brothers in a post-apoc setting, perhaps?  Also mentions "roguelike" but that could mean any number of things with how that term is thrown around these days. I suppose it would hold a better claim to it than many.

The thread I posted here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=13977.0

Huw the Poo

Sigh

OK, also adding Perfect Golf to the list.  That's definitely the last one now!  The last one!

kludger

Quote from: Freyland on June 18, 2015, 06:02:19 PM
WAIT! If you have Starpointe Gemini 2, they just converted SG1 to the new engine and made it free DLC!

I can only pray I was in time.

Thanks for that, I had SPG2 and never noticed the free DLC, just downloaded it now.

Jarhead0331

Let's see...

Ancient Space
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Cuban Missile Crisis and Ice Crusade Expansion
Dark Horizons: The Mechanized Corps
Enforcer: Police Crime Action
Etherium
Grav
Halo: Spartan Strike
Offworld Trading Company
Watch Dogs
Wolfenstein: Old Blood

I would say total is around $100. I also got the DCS Mig-15 for 60% off from the ED sale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18