"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbmike

I always thought she was 70 already in the 80's.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on July 01, 2015, 11:42:03 AM
I always thought she was 70 already in the 80's.  ::)

Don't be hating on Debbie Harry!  :knuppel2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

I'm with bbmike.  Debbie Harry always looked old and used up to me. :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I wasn't a huge Blondie fan back in the 80s (and I love pretty much all 80s music), but she did have a few good tunes. Apparently she's still touring and rocking it, so more power to her. Although, Debbie Harry looked like a grandma back in the 80s. Now, she looks like an ancient redwood.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Tutankhamun looks better than Keith Richards.

bayonetbrant

Keith Richards is actually in town here tonight, along with the rest of the Stones. They're playing Carter-Finley tonight
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

You have my sympathies, Brant.  For your sake, I hope you're well out of earshot. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Emeraldlis

I liked Debbie Harry's tune "heart of glass" and I'm 37 .....so a good tune is a good tune ...timeless ..ageless and classy  O:-)

I don't mind getting older , it's the ageing part that sucks !! And blokes age much , much better than most women , so I don't know what ya'll are complaining about  ;D.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bob48

Aye, 'Heart of Glass' is a good tune, agree with you there.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Greybriar

For those of you who put down Debbie Harry:


You know who you are.  :coolsmiley:
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bob48 on July 01, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
Aye, 'Heart of Glass' is a good tune, agree with you there.

Glad you agree with me bob  O0 I notice you're from Newcastle , a good place to spring from . My grandma was from that neck of the woods , a place called consett near Durham :) I like to think I have some "jordie" blood flowing through my veins , "way aye man " and alla that cool jargon you guys speak !!  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Greybriar on July 01, 2015, 06:37:32 PM
For those of you who put down Debbie Harry:


You know who you are.  :coolsmiley:

LOL

I almost posted that pic instead of her glamorous 80s shot.  8)

Gusington

I was going to say that I'd still do her, but after that above picture...not so much.

But I still love her and like Blondie.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd