You don't have to call me FRIDAY...FRY-DAYYYY

Started by MetalDog, June 19, 2015, 05:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cyrano

This, I think, confuses ghouls with zombies.  My impression has always been that the former is more a generic flesh-eater (brains, I gather, included).  In fairness, Romero's zombies -- certainly in his first movies -- seemed to eat the entirety of the human body without distinction.

But I digress...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

I've always felt that the conflict with zombies is not what they eat but whether they are the slow-moving type of the old black and white films of my childhood or the new and improved fast movers of today. Personally I prefer the older tortoises over the new hares but you didn't need to be fast to catch the 50's women as all they ever did was stand still, scream, and then faint. Into a man's arms of course. Even I could catch one of them at my advanced age, but then to eat one, I would need help. Today's women( if we're still allowed to call them that) can shoot AK-47's and rocket launchers and so I can understand the need to move fast around them. But I still think there should be some kind of final decision about this. And then stick with it. Zombie Consistency. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Hear, hear!!

If zombies are indeed metaphors for the somnambulant  nature of modern society -- which certainly Romero intended -- shuffle they must!

The leaping and nigh-simian running must stop!

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

At last! The truth is spoken. Amen, Brother Cyrano. O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

One need not modify the band's name to suggest that the Rolling Stones -- in whole or in part -- now benefit from necromancy...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

#68
Quote from: Gusington on June 30, 2015, 07:15:53 AM
Ghouls just want to have fun?



~~~~>>


Quote
Fred: Now we can finally solve the mystery of the hitchhiking ghouls. Pull off their masks and let's see who they really are!
Velma: I don't think they are masks.
Daphne: And I don't think that they're hitchhiking girls either.
Velma: GHOULS, you fuckin' moron, not girls! I wish they were hitchhiking girls - sexy hitchhiking girls.
Fred: Let's kick 'em out! We've got a mystery to solve!
Shaggy: The only mystery here is why we take our cues from a dick in a neckerchief!
Fred: Keep it up, beatnik, I'll feed ya to the fuckin' dog!
Daphne: I CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS FIGHTING!



>:D

Gusington

Luckily my campaign is NOT shaping up like the above.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Cyrano on June 30, 2015, 09:30:11 AM
Hear, hear!!

If zombies are indeed metaphors for the somnambulant  nature of modern society -- which certainly Romero intended -- shuffle they must!

The leaping and nigh-simian running must stop!

Zombies aren't metaphors for anything - they're just cheap monsters for films.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro


Father Ted

I'm sure there must be a thesis somewhere entitled "Zombies - are they just cheap monsters for films?".  If not, maybe I'll write one...

panzerde

I am in Nefaro's camp on this one. If there were never another game, book, movie, or TV show with zombies in it, I would not miss it one bit.

Ghouls though? Now there you have a sophisticated and suitably creeping monster.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres