The Operational Art of War III receives a final update and a sequel!

Started by Pete Dero, July 07, 2015, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Jarhead0331

Sweet! Some nice new scenarios too! Nijmegen, Falklands War 1982, Pacific War 1941 - 1945, Eastern Front and Third Reich...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison


Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison


bbmike

I'm going to have to re-install it now just to see the Pacific War 1941 - 1945 scenario!  O0
Great news on version IV!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Rayfer

Quote from: bbmike on July 07, 2015, 01:11:22 PM
I'm going to have to re-install it now just to see the Pacific War 1941 - 1945 scenario!  O0
Great news on version IV!

+1  I was thinking the same thing.

steve58

Quote from: Rayfer on July 07, 2015, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: bbmike on July 07, 2015, 01:11:22 PM
I'm going to have to re-install it now just to see the Pacific War 1941 - 1945 scenario!  O0
Great news on version IV!

+1  I was thinking the same thing.

+2

...also glad to see that Matrixgames is finally hearing the call for scaleable fonts! 

Quote
The Operational Art of War IV will fully support modern computer hardware and operating systems.  This will make it more user-friendly and able to scale to higher resolutions, especially in terms of font and button size.

...at least that's what I hope this means.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)


panzerde

Absolutely excellent news, both on the update patch and the new version. TOAW III has never not been installed on my gaming computers since it was released - and it replaced the earlier versions of TOAW. One of the things I really appreciate about Matrix is their commitment to publishing and keeping alive classics like this and Tiller's Campaign Series.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Toonces

Please post impressions of the Pacific scenario.  That caught my attention as well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GroggyGrognard

A screenshot from  Avalon Hill's 'Russian Campaign' 1976.

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

jomni

Quote from: Toonces on July 07, 2015, 04:39:00 PM
Please post impressions of the Pacific scenario.  That caught my attention as well.

A simpler WITP?

Mr. Bigglesworth

For people not familiar with TOAW III, it has a very useful feature for testing out ideas- cpu vs cpu. It is one of the best wargames out there IMO. I spent less hrs with it than i like. It has serious replay value.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598