Main Menu

Advertising

Started by renobe, July 24, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 24, 2015, 08:43:45 PM
Quote from: GJK on July 24, 2015, 07:33:36 PM
I think that you should be posting down in the "Wargaming" forum where we play *real* wargames (and talk about them).  ;)

Or just start talking about bewbs. That hasn't been done yet.

Until now.

Is he talking about Risk?

BanzaiCat

Risk: Sweatermuffins Edition.


southern_cross_116

Fwiw, I wrote about the same sort of thing elsewhere but was actually thinking more of BGG when I did it although I did not name names at the time.

I think that there is a place in the hobby to talk about game play, design philosophy, strategies, history and things like that behind already published material and will go so far as to observe that the 'gotta have it yesterday/latest/greatest, etc...' oftentimes buries the other stuff when lumped into the same folder at messageboards.

I am not really complaining because if I feel like it I can actually address it elsewhere, and the fact that I haven't is more about doing something else and the site is a sidelight right now. 

It is interesting the number of people that felt compelled to make defensive comments, although for me basically this site is what it is and one can take it or leave it. 
RW/LW
Bravehearts Hockey Club

Graphics Coordinator, Artist, etc... for JTS
Owner/Webmaster:
Scenario Design Center (hist-sdc.com)

Bison

I think the defense is due to the oddity of the statement and the fact that the site is unbiased due to not being owned or paid by a developer/publisher for content or certain review to be produced.

undercovergeek

i never thought we would be accused of taking something that seriously

MetalDog

Please stop all calls, we have a winner!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Bison on July 24, 2015, 08:51:57 PM
I think the defense is due to the oddity of the statement and the fact that the site is unbiased due to not being owned or paid by a developer/publisher for content or certain review to be produced.

Or a number of us are bored today.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Bison

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 24, 2015, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: Bison on July 24, 2015, 08:51:57 PM
I think the defense is due to the oddity of the statement and the fact that the site is unbiased due to not being owned or paid by a developer/publisher for content or certain review to be produced.

Or a number of us are bored today.

Sure, but I was trying to save us all the embarrassment.

GJK

Fellers...this "Renobe" guy hasn't made a post since April of last year until he started this thread.  Don't let this obvious troll attempt (as he predicated in the OP) do just that.  I move that Brant strike the hand of GOD down upon this thread and that we all then move to the real forum on this site...."Wargaming".  All those that agree???
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat


Gusington

Renobe also hasn't been back to repost here.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's why I have so many games that I can't play them all. YOU people have been In-Fluencing me all this time. I thought you all loved me but nooooo. You've just been taking advantage of my advanced age and low intelligence to sell me computer games that kick me in the nuts every time they get a chance!!! I feel sooo USED. But oddly, I now respect all of you more so. So all is forgiven. What am I to buy today?  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

WH40K: Armageddon. DO IT
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Is that one or two games? What the hell, how much do you need?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Steelgrave

Quote from: southern_cross_116 on July 24, 2015, 08:49:14 PM
It is interesting the number of people that felt compelled to make defensive comments, although for me basically this site is what it is and one can take it or leave it.

For the life of me, I'm not seeing "defensive comments" but rather normal conversation. No one was attacked or disparaged for their opinion, instead a point was raised and a number of readers choose to answer the post on their own. If that's not the purpose of a discussion thread, I'm not sure what you expect. As for those who can take this site or leave it, many of the respondents have been regular contributors since our doors opened, so I believe they are on the "take it" side of things. And God love 'em.