Main Menu

Pike and Shot

Started by Rayfer, September 05, 2014, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

That's how I feel, but with the original game priced at $40 and the expansion at $20, I have a feeling this will be another Matrix "premium" package for $70-$80.

Frankly I expected them to put vanilla P&S on sale this week to coincide with the release, and the fact that they didn't only shores up my argument.

jomni

#286
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 11, 2015, 10:17:11 AM
I'm liking what I'm seeing here. Is this the only area of the campaign, central Germany?

Germany (Adolphus Gustavus campaign)
Balkans (Turkish wars)
Randomized Genereric / Fictional (Sandbox campaign, pick any country vs another country)...

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

tgb

Campaigns is out, at the surprisingly low price of $39.99 (same as vanilla P&S), or $36.99 on Steam.  That makes it cheaper than getting P&S plus the Tercio expansion.  Can Matrix finally be coming to their senses regarding pricing?

Downloading now.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: tgb on August 13, 2015, 05:41:31 AM
Campaigns is out, at the surprisingly low price of $39.99 (same as vanilla P&S), or $36.99 on Steam.  That makes it cheaper than getting P&S plus the Tercio expansion.  Can Matrix finally be coming to their senses regarding pricing?

Downloading now.

Is that also the price for owners of the original game and the tercio expansion? If so, that is far from a reasonable price and I'd say you've been drinking the koolaid.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

No, owners of the previous version get a 75% discount, so $10.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: tgb on August 13, 2015, 07:01:15 AM
No, owners of the previous version get a 75% discount, so $10.

Sweet! I was going to say!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

I just got Pike and Shot Campaigns on Steam for $6.00, that's 85% off.  It was listed for me as a special promotion till August 20, and I don't have the previous versions.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

10 % off untill August 20 over here.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 13, 2015, 02:40:23 PM
10 % off untill August 20 over here.

Yeah, I see that they're stacking the 10% with the 75% for owning the core game.  A very good deal to start out.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

panzerde

I'll grab it for $6, even if I don't see it as a particularly compelling campaign layer. Even $10 it's a good deal.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

DennisS

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 13, 2015, 02:41:38 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on August 13, 2015, 02:40:23 PM
10 % off untill August 20 over here.

Yeah, I see that they're stacking the 10% with the 75% for owning the core game.  A very good deal to start out.

I pulled the trigger, expecting to pay full price, and it came up as six dollars. HELL YEAH!!!!!     ;D

Cyrano

I'd have paid $6 for the Elizabethan army.

Let that sink in folks.  There's now a game available on Steam that includes a reasonable -- not perfect by any stretch but reasonable -- facsimile of an Elizabethan army with which you can fight tabletop-ish battles.

Some of what Slitherine has put out of late has been a grievous disappointment, but, man, these are the good old days.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Philippe

For those who are interested, I've made a second version of my Period Music mod to work in Pike and Shot Campaigns. 

Here's a link to the thread at the Slitherine forums that has links to the Steam and non-Steam versions of the regular Pike and Shot Period Music mod, as well as to the Steam and non-Steam versions of the (essentially identical) Pike and Shot Campaigns Period Music mod.


http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=322&p=565557#p565557


To get a sense of what the mod sounds like, all of the music in the mod comes from music that was inlcuded in this thread, also at the Slitherine forums:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=299&t=62438

Not all of the music in this thread shows up in the mod, but if you don't like the music in the thread, you won't like the Period Music mod.

(And yes, I'm Philippe_at_bay over there because my name was already taken).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

magnus

I bought and it is pretty good, especially for $6.

Does anyone know how to play either side in the historical battles?