Main Menu

I'm FRIDAY, Da Ba Dee

Started by undercovergeek, October 16, 2015, 05:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

For me its going to be some mix of Command, World of Warships, Elite, Cities Skyline and War in the West.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

^And you should offer Huw some of your vast EUIV knowledge, too ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

Quote from: MetalDog on October 16, 2015, 06:34:08 PM
^And you should offer Huw some of your vast EUIV knowledge, too ;)

My vast EUIV knowledge? I've only played it a measly 247 hours.

I did talk to Huw a little before he decided to go to sleep. Seriously who sleeps on a Friday night? :o
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

I should take Huw's Operation EUIV as inspiration to finally learn CKII...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

I'll continue with CSME, i'm losing about as much as i'm winning. I seem to be an inept commander of modern weapons platforms.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

CK2 is fantastic, Gus, even if you don't understand it. 

Man alive but did I have some fantastic football action tonight.  So it turns out that I didn't install the FootballFreaks XV mod properly last week.  I kept getting all these weird crashes so I decided to reinstall the whole smack and now that it's installed properly I see what I was missing.  I finally have my playbooks working properly as well as my controllers.  So I restarted my franchise and I'm played two preseason games as the Cowboys.  I pretty much spanked the Chargers in game 1 without too much trouble.  Game 2 was against the Ravens.  I got off to a pretty early lead but then their coach realized that I am totally weak man on man in defense.  That's pure user-error because I can't play man coverage for shit.  So he it one of his receivers long for a TD and then on the last play of the half hit a second long pass for a TD which totally bummed me out.

Rolling into the second half we both played conservatively and had three consecutive 3 and outs.  It was fairly tense.  But then I hit Witten for about a 60 yarder and started simply dissecting the Raven's defense.  Weedon kind of sucks, but he can hit a pass if the receiver is wide open.  For about 10 game minutes it was pretty awesome, until I got the game into a two-score situation going into 2 minutes.

Good times, Cowboys go into Game 3 2-0-0.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

How can I fall in love with CKII if I don't know wtf I'm doing?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: W8taminute on October 16, 2015, 10:22:01 AM
Heroes and Generals

I've been thinking about giving this a try. Is it more run and gun, something like Battlefield, or more like Red Orchestra? Or is it Arma level complex?


For me, I'll be continuing with a friend's D&D campaign with a few other buddies tomorrow night. I just picked up Warhammer : End Times - Vermintide and would like to try out the Beta this weekend. Oh, and I bought MGS V.  ;D

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on October 16, 2015, 09:03:17 PM
How can I fall in love with CKII if I don't know wtf I'm doing?

Just think of it as making love to a woman Gus.  Push some buttons and pray you hit the right ones.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on October 16, 2015, 09:20:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 16, 2015, 09:03:17 PM
How can I fall in love with CKII if I don't know wtf I'm doing?

Just think of it as making love to a woman Gus.  Push some buttons and pray you hit the right ones.

Then sleep with a scullery maid, name her bastard son your new heir and lock the original woman up in the tower because she's plotting to kill the product of your affair.

Toonces

In all serious, Gus, CK2 kind of runs itself.  That's not to say it doesn't require you to do anything, but if you just sit back and watch it's hard to get into too much trouble for about the first 30 years or so.  Meanwhile you enjoy the music, enjoy the weird scenarios the game will throw at you, and maybe click a few things just to see what happens.  Before you know it, you'll start kind of figuring things out. 

If you want to really crush at it you'll have to spend some time figuring out how to do real stuff, but meanwhile, it's a good scotch-sipping type game where you can just sit back and watch things unfold without too much stress.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

TacticalWargames

Verdun.
Abit of Heroes of Normandie. Funny out of the board game conversions over at Matrix it's Heroes I like the best, even though it doesn't take itself seriously.
Wings Over Flanders Fields
Armoured Commander
Some testing and map symbol creation.
Maybe some Combat Mission.
Oh and a dabble at Wasteland 2 Directors..shame I have to have DX11 off though.


Toonces

WOFF...excellent choice.  I just re-bought the whole smack due to an HD failure...it's that good.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Just finished the advanced tutorial this morning.  Still got plenty of gin left.  Tonight I shall start my first proper campaign!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 17, 2015, 04:19:32 AM
Just finished the advanced tutorial this morning.  Still got plenty of gin left.  Tonight I shall start my first proper campaign!

Who you choosing?