Main Menu

I'm FRIDAY, Da Ba Dee

Started by undercovergeek, October 16, 2015, 05:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

Kushan recommended France or Spain for a beginner, so I'm going with Spain as I'm already familiar with the territory from playing the tutorials.

Plus France smells.

W8taminute

Battle Brothers is fun.  Anyone here play it?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 17, 2015, 06:50:08 AM
Kushan recommended France or Spain for a beginner, so I'm going with Spain as I'm already familiar with the territory from playing the tutorials.

Plus France smells.

good luck, amigo - you set some goals?

Huw the Poo

Cheers bud.  Nah no goals, since this is my first time - I'll be happy just to have any clue at all of what I'm doing!  I'll see if I can conquer a nation or two, I expect. :)

undercovergeek

portugal looks good - but dont upset the english

actually now youve found a course of action - watch a lets play of someone with spain for some heeents and teeeps

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 16, 2015, 09:03:54 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on October 16, 2015, 10:22:01 AM
Heroes and Generals

I've been thinking about giving this a try. Is it more run and gun, something like Battlefield, or more like Red Orchestra? Or is it Arma level complex?

Run & gun.

W8taminute

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on October 17, 2015, 11:01:59 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 16, 2015, 09:03:54 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on October 16, 2015, 10:22:01 AM
Heroes and Generals

I've been thinking about giving this a try. Is it more run and gun, something like Battlefield, or more like Red Orchestra? Or is it Arma level complex?

Run & gun.

No it's not.  It's more like Arma but a more simplified version of Arma.  In Heroes and Generals if you run and gun you're going to die real quick.  H&G is more about using terrain to your advantage when you approach the enemy.  The first person to get spotted is the first person to die.  Teamwork is also key in H&G.  Lone wolf rambo tactics will get you killed.  Covering terrain with your team in leaps and bounds with plenty of overwatch will win the day.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Kushan

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 17, 2015, 06:50:08 AM
Kushan recommended France or Spain for a beginner, so I'm going with Spain as I'm already familiar with the territory from playing the tutorials.

Plus France smells.

Make friends with Portugal and try to vassalize Navarra before France or Aragon. Grenada and Aragon will be your natural enemies at the start. Morocco may look appetizing as well, but the +50% coring cost (and I think they're lands still count as overseas, but that may have hanged) doesn't really make them worth going for early on.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 17, 2015, 06:50:08 AM
Kushan recommended France or Spain for a beginner, so I'm going with Spain as I'm already familiar with the territory from playing the tutorials.

Plus France smells.


I had much success playing Denmark in my first game of EU4. 

Has even more of the full treatment since you can not only colonize North America pretty early, with some effort, you also start with Norway and Sweden nominally under your purview.  So after forcing your claim on them early, you can become the Nordic Empire fairly quickly, just before settling as much of NA as the Brits - who end up being your only real rival for awhile and they're often busy fighting with France.

WallysWorld

Continuing my Nationals dynasty with MLB 2K12. Sitting at 14-12 in third place two games behind the Braves.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Playing through all of the tutorials again for Victoria 2. Currently reading Massie's "Dreadnought" and it gave me an inch to play a strategic Victorian era game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 17, 2015, 12:55:52 PM
Currently reading Massie's "Dreadnought" and it gave me an inch to play a strategic Victorian era game.


No Rule The Waves, Steam & Iron, or Jutland?  ^-^


Also, watch out.  Give it an inch and it may take a mile.  :P

Huw the Poo

Thanks for the tips, chaps - much appreciated!  Nef, roger that...I'll go Denmark on my second campaign. O0

Gusington

Can I play as a Rumanian count in CKII? Better yet...Wallachian?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

With the appropriate DLC, the answer is pretty limitless.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Dear God that sounds promising.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd