How many times have you moved?

Started by MetalDog, October 23, 2015, 08:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

I've moved at least a dozen times in 25 years, there were a couple moves prior to that when I was a little kid.

I've lived as much as 2000 miles from where I was born. Currently live about 80 miles from there.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

My Dad was in the Airforce so we moved every two years until I was in high school. Moved once in that city then I moved to Ottawa for University. Moved 9 times here. So what's that... 17 or 18 times.
I've lived in 5 of the ten provinces and on both ends of the country. So I was lucky to be able to see most of our great country.

Pinetree

I've just worked out I've moved about 20 times, 8 times in the same town alone (and that's not counting moving back to the same house a few times). I also lived in London for 4 years where I moved digs regularly but only had a backpack to move so I'm not counting those. We own the house we're in now though so won't be moving again for a while (hopefully!). I live about 620 km (that's 386 miles for you non-metric people)and a different island from where I was born.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

MetalDog

Quote from: bob48 on October 24, 2015, 12:16:46 PM
If we're just talking about moves since leaving home after getting married, then 3.

Since the last Ice Age at least, bob.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on October 24, 2015, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 24, 2015, 12:16:46 PM
If we're just talking about moves since leaving home after getting married, then 3.

Since the last Ice Age at least, bob.

Man, that's just cold.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Greybriar

I have moved twenty-four times, including the reassignments while I was in the military. It's been thirty-five years since my last move and I hope there will only be one more--after I'm dead.  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

undercovergeek

22 for me - left home at 19 and weirdly hate been in the same place for too long, love the whole moving experience and don't understand what people get stressed out about - the feeling of a fresh start at each move is awesome

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 24, 2015, 08:16:30 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 24, 2015, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 24, 2015, 12:16:46 PM
If we're just talking about moves since leaving home after getting married, then 3.

Since the last Ice Age at least, bob.

Man, that's just cold.

<sing>

OH!............Freeze a jolly good fellow, freeze a jolly food fellow...................
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Centurion40

I'm a piker compared to you all!

Born in Montreal, moved to Kentville Nova Scotia when I was 5 (total: 1 move).  Moved twice in Kentville (total: 3 moves).  Went away to university (4 moves); then came back (5 moves).  Took teaching job in Toronto (6 moves) & moved once in Toronto (7 moves); then moved back to Kentville (8 moves).  Moved for work in Cape Breton (7 moves), then moved for work in Cole Harbour (8 moves). Changed apartments in the same building (9 moves). Bought my first house in Lower Sackville (10 moves), then moved to Halifax when I got married (11 moves).  Bought new house in Halifax after 5 years of marriage (12 moves) and holding.
Any time is a good time for pie.

zap

Italy 3 moves
California 4 moves
Illinois 3 moves
boston 1 move
Wisconsin 1 move

12 moves total

BanzaiCat

You guys have had far more interesting experiences than I.

I've only moved six times in my life. And nowhere near as exotic as most of you.

Born in Rochester, moved to Dale City, VA at 3 months old.
Moved to a garage apartment in San Antonio when I was about 9.
Moved to a house in San Antonio when I was about 13.
Moved to our Houston apartment when I was about 23.
Moved to our first house when I was about 25.
Moved to our current house (still in Houston, unfortunately) when I was 31. Been there ever since.

GDS_Starfury

as of right now Ive moved 27 times. 
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2015, 01:20:26 PM
as of right now Ive moved 27 times. 

It must be a challenge to keep the exes from finding you.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.