Seven Years War: Releases End of October

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 24, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Saw this, looks interesting and releasing at the end of October....

http://thesevenyearswar.com/index.htm
http://store.steampowered.com/app/400470/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

Blucher

Real time battles no thanks. I will stick with AGEOD's Wars in America.

JasonPratt

Looks like an interesting indie competitor to the upcoming Cossacks 3! Except set a generation or two back, so not so much a competitor as a possible quasi-expansion in a way.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Freyland

Looks interesting, but on the Steam video, during the battles the movement of the troops seemed to stutter.  Even his mouse was a bit jerky, like his rig couldn't handle what was going on.  A little concerning for optimization.

Boggit

It's still too early to tell, but it looks like it has the potential to be a good game. I'm a bit concerned about the jerky graphics, but looking at the past updates it seems the developer is still working on improving things. Has anyone played a beta of it?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

keppelmueller

hi guys,

may i introduce myself, i am oliver, the developer of this game.

here is a link to my playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbPafvWljII1U6CrAVk4YoX_kRcZsw9RQ
(don't mind the older videos - graphics have been enhanced since then)

if you would like to get a sense of game depth, read the tutorial overview:
http://thesevenyearswar.com/tutorials.htm

and don't mind about rts and game flow - you can always pause the game and give orders, the battles run smooth so far (even the large ones with more than 100 regs). but rts in this case is a nice feature - e.g. cutting enemy supply lines with fast detachments  O0

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: keppelmueller on November 01, 2015, 02:57:42 AM
hi guys,

may i introduce myself, i am oliver, the developer of this game.

here is a link to my playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbPafvWljII1U6CrAVk4YoX_kRcZsw9RQ
(don't mind the older videos - graphics have been enhanced since then)

if you would like to get a sense of game depth, read the tutorial overview:
http://thesevenyearswar.com/tutorials.htm

and don't mind about rts and game flow - you can always pause the game and give orders, the battles run smooth so far (even the large ones with more than 100 regs). but rts in this case is a nice feature - e.g. cutting enemy supply lines with fast detachments  O0
I saw the website mention other platforms to come.  Will there be a GOG version (I hope, I hope)?

Swatter



Jarhead0331

Interesting write up...although I would have liked a little more detail, I actually think I agree with the premise. There is a lot not to like about the game, but for some reason, it is still intriguing and worth struggling through to play and explore.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


W8taminute

I placed a request in to Steam for a refund.  I wan't my money back and I will get it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

sandman2575

This feels like a case where 'a few more eyes' on the project before release would have helped. It's surprising some of the missteps that made it into the release, notably the glaring shortcomings of the UI and readability, inability to scroll map, etc. Seems like these problems could have been caught much earlier.

Anyway, hope these are priority changes for upcoming patch.  I remain on the fence in the meantime, purchase-wise...

bbmike

Yeah, this one is screaming "Buy me!" but I'll continue to wait to see if the issues are addressed.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak