I see a Friday on a one way corridor

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2015, 06:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Toonces - IronX and I are planning to play together later this week, around 930pm EST. Are you available maybe Wed. or Fri. night?

Swatter - believe it or not I was pretty efficient at Attila TW tactical battles. I won the majority of them that I chose to play out. But in the campaign map I had almost every known faction at war with me, and this was with the Radious mod - which is supposed to tamper down that sort of thing.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Try the Sassanids Gus. If you can't win as them then turn in your TW license.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 22, 2015, 08:17:28 PM
Swatter - believe it or not I was pretty efficient at Attila TW tactical battles. I won the majority of them that I chose to play out. But in the campaign map I had almost every known faction at war with me, and this was with the Radious mod - which is supposed to tamper down that sort of thing.

The reason the whole world would be at war with you in Attila was due to Research causing negative Diplo rep across the board.  Which makes no fookeen sense at all.

After discovering that, for the first time in a TW game, Researching stuff would increasingly make everyone hate you, I rage quit and never went back.  If it were a bug, then I would've returned, but the devs stated it was intentional to help "balance" the regular factions with the hordes. 

It was obviously a stupid lazy last minute measure, instead of properly implementing Hordes into the TW system's Diplo & Tech mechanics in a better way.  The result of getting it out by a deadline and having to quarter-ass that bit, I'm sure, but it disgusted me anyway.

:knuppel2:

Gusington

That's why I installed Radious, but it didn't seem to help.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gus, have you tried the Belisaurius DLC? I thought it was pretty easy as Belisaurius  until I got to Italy and faced the Goths and then it got hard in a hurry. Damn, who pissed them off?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Gus-
I have to head to The Garden State for Thanksgiving Wed-Fri.  If not this weekend maybe next week...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Slash - yeah I tried the Belisarius DLC and played as the Romans and won. It felt very easy for me too. I had a ton of armies by the time I got to fight the Goths so it didn't become an issue.

Toonces - ok I will keep an eye out for you over this coming Saturday and Sunday just in case. IronX and I are going to try to meet up. I hope we can all get something going in Verdun - I've been waiting for something like this forever.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I have a standing offer top play mp with you Gus.  You just don't like my games :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Can you recommend some good (=concise) video tutorials that would be useful for learning to play Verdun?

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

MetalDog

Quote from: MetalDog on November 23, 2015, 06:58:24 PM
I have a standing offer top play mp with you Gus.  You just don't like my games :(

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2015, 08:51:46 PM
^Do you have Verdun?

No.  Not likely to either.  Subject matter and game play not my cup of tea.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^Well good evening, then.

Philippe - IronX may be able to point you in the right direction for Verdun videos - I have only fired up the game once or twice and it was months ago before other guys here got into it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd