So I have 217 games in my Steam catalog...

Started by Toonces, November 18, 2015, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Well crap, I have 58 games on GOG. Don't know why I thought I had 30 or so.

Damn, and I thought I had a lot of Civ V time.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2015, 06:22:55 AM
1852 on Civ V.  ???

That is literally the equivalent of two and a half months of Civ, 24 / 7....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Swatter

1852!!!! Holy cow!

My 1125 was my son and I playing + my son leaves the game running while he played with other stuff. I am interested to know if that is the high-end or can we expect some really insane numbers?

Cyrano

*steadies self to look*

256 games.  91 installed.

And this does not count the Humble Bundle games I've never even unlocked, Matrix, and ca. 80% of everything fashioned by the hand of John Tiller.

The REALLY horrible thing is I think, of the Steam games, I've played "You Must Build a Boat" the most in recent weeks.  Cost me $1.  Pound for pound, the best play-it-while-not-sober game I've ever purchased.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

smittyohio

Not a Steam game, but I won't even admit how many hours I have put into World of Warcraft... let's just say it could have been quite a part time job over the last 11 years.

ComradeP

113 on Steam, of which I haven't played 9 or so, MP games that came bundled with SP versions and the second season of Sam & Max which I didn't touch at the time as I needed a break from the humor after season 1.

I rarely purchase something that I don't play, though it can be months before I sit down and play it if it's part of a bundle.

I'm wondering how many copies I would have of some games if Steam allowed users to have multiple copies of the same game. I have 3 complete original Cossacks series in physical and digital download copies, I think.

That's one thing that makes digital downloading different from how buying packs in a store worked: you don't actually get additional copies of a game that you already own, even though you are paying for them.

Another interesting question is how many of the games that we own digital download copies of are also in the house somewhere in physical shape.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Toonces

I'd estimate maybe 20% of my Steam games, call it 30-40 or so, are copies of physical games I already own. 

I know that there's this feeling that buying a physical copy is somehow more permanent, but I'm finding that many of my old disk games won't even install on my newer computer.  Heck, my new laptop doesn't even have a CD drive.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

There is the installation issues you'd deal with...in my case my DVD drive crapped out about three years ago and since I was into Steam big time by then, and I didn't use my computer to watch movies, I lived with it. So I've bought a few games on Steam that I already have on CD/DVD though they're el cheapo on Steam usually (GTA VC and SA to name but two).

Gusington

I'm hoping that M2TW and the Kingdoms expansion go on sale because I resent having to buy them again because the disk versions don't work on my new PC. It's the principle, you see.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

I gotta have a shitload of Warlock, CivV and XCOM time in... will check steam when I get home. Making greek potatoes and a lamb meat dish and some non-lettuce salad that may or may not have kalamata olives in it.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2015, 05:46:38 PM
I'm hoping that M2TW and the Kingdoms expansion go on sale because I resent having to buy them again because the disk versions don't work on my new PC. It's the principle, you see.

Well, you can buy it for about $3 here....also seems to come with original shogun and battle for asgard...not bad for a few dollars.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/20439/medieval-ii-shogun-total-war-collections-viking-battle-for-asgard-total-war-arena-beta-access-steam-cd-key/

RangerX3X

Steam: 186 Games/171 DLC/17 Favorites/63 Installed.

Perhaps half of that I have never played, and another 30% I probably have less than 10 total hours in the game.

Like a noob I spent $59.99 on GTAV day of release and think it sucks, tried to get a Steam refund they told me to get bent.

Frankly I don't know why I buy so much...and don't get me started on how many games I purchased on Steam (that I already owned) because I was too lazy to put the disk in the drive.

:uglystupid2:

Toonces

Somehow from the time I started this thread until today, I've now got 220 games in my Steam catalog.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

RangerX3X

Quote from: Toonces on November 23, 2015, 07:09:09 PM
Somehow from the time I started this thread until today, I've now got 220 games in my Steam catalog.   ::)
And just think the major Steam sales are just around the corner.

-budd-

Quote from: RangerX3X on November 23, 2015, 06:59:03 PM
Steam: 186 Games/171 DLC/17 Favorites/63 Installed.

Like a noob I spent $59.99 on GTAV day of release and think it sucks, tried to get a Steam refund they told me to get bent.

:uglystupid2:

Did you have over 2 hours into the game? Thought that was the only thing that would prevent people from getting a refund.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.