Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

I haven't had a chance to boot up again, but I feel pretty confident I haven't found even one stone. In the desert. Of all places.  ::)

I did manage to shiv up some bone knives. But according to my menus, out of all the various junk I've picked up, those bones were the only thing I could use for now.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 21, 2015, 11:25:35 PM
I haven't had a chance to boot up again, but I feel pretty confident I haven't found even one stone. In the desert. Of all places.  ::)

I did manage to shiv up some bone knives. But according to my menus, out of all the various junk I've picked up, those bones were the only thing I could use for now.

If you can't find a stone, you can always use your hands to "beat" one out of the large rocks strewn around the landscape.  Beat on it a bit, and you will get a small stone after a few hits.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison


JasonPratt

Yeah that's definitely not where I'm at. That's like a legitimate hunting lodge!  :o :o :o :o

I feel pretty under-competent. Me and my bone shiv(s) and my diarrhea...  :2funny:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

I arrived. I put the frames down to get across the ditch. I have a chest by the bed, help yourself. Your chests are locked and ace didn't work to unlock them. I put a chest on the roof by the chimney with some wood, stone and feathers for emergencies. Where's the water :)...I'm going to forage and look for a town, hoping to find an auger, i'm a tunneler ....O and i hung a picture.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Ok. done for now. Found some building's to the north a barn and a couple houses. picked up the hay and added to the wall at base. I found some jars and a little bit of water, we can't fill out of the toilet anymore? I don't have a cooking pot and i haven't made molds yet, need a glass jar mold. I put some stuff in the fridge and a bunch of resources in the chest by the bed and i left all my weapons and tools in the chest before logging out. There a lot of wood and scrap iron and rock, use it for what you will. I could use more feathers, i go through arrows fast. Got my archery up too level 9. I'll probable be back on later tonight. If you find the safe house make a sleeping bag and put it down so when you die you'll spawn there. There's cloth in my chest by the bed.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Father Ted

I picked this game up a while back coz some friends have it.  I've yet to install it though, and this vignette...

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 20, 2015, 12:28:02 AM

Have died twice so far (once from falling off a water tower in the dead of night, I think.) But I've scouted and marked 3 water towers (I think) and a house with two locked doors and at least one unlocked one leading outside. Currently crouched in front of that door with a bone-splinter shiv (the only thing I've made so far), and a zombie horde outside that appeared around sunset -- but they seem to have lost my scent. Possibly despite my having the stomach runs.

Locations are shared on map, so far as I know. Be aware that I'm in a desert, and things are quite grim here; I'm overheating in the house at night, for example.

...is not inspiring me to :buck2:

JasonPratt

#83
To be fair, I got a bad random spawn. Assuming AzTank's map even has anything other than desert, which for all I know it may not (I can't recall clearly if there was evidence up thread.) I got dropped with literally nothing but some underwear into a desert as night was falling. I'm amazed I only died twice.

Even so, I'm having a hell of a time. It's definitely a game that rewards shared teamwork and experience, but I could see someone making a real solo go at it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on December 22, 2015, 10:16:54 AM
I arrived. I put the frames down to get across the ditch. I have a chest by the bed, help yourself. Your chests are locked and ace didn't work to unlock them. I put a chest on the roof by the chimney with some wood, stone and feathers for emergencies. Where's the water :)...I'm going to forage and look for a town, hoping to find an auger, i'm a tunneler ....O and i hung a picture.

I like what you have done to the place...:)

Water is due East over the road.  There is a deep pit, and the water is down there.  You can find clay in the slope of the hill just North of the house.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 22, 2015, 01:59:32 PM
To be fair, I got a bad random spawn. Assuming AzTank's map even has anything other than desert, which for all I know it may not (I can't recall clearly if there was evidence up thread.) I got dropped with literally nothing but some underwear into a desert as night was falling. I'm amazed I only died twice.

Even so, I'm having a hell of a time. It's definitely a game that rewards shared teamwork and experience, but I could see someone making a real solo go at it.

Here is my map, maybe you will recognize something and try to get there.  I really haven't done much exploring yet.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

You going to keep your chests locked? you got a cooking pot in there? What's with not being able to fill jars in the toilet anymore. I guess everyone has there own map, is there a server setting to share one common map. I put a ton of wood and rock in my chest for building, i'll be on later to forage some more. Need to handle the water situation, there some rabbit in the fridge to cook, i'll go look for some beer ;)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

#87
There's a town @ 166S/ 954W , house @1288N/266E ....did the server get the new update? its being glitchy.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

#88
Quote from: -budd- on December 22, 2015, 06:34:24 PM
You going to keep your chests locked? you got a cooking pot in there? What's with not being able to fill jars in the toilet anymore. I guess everyone has there own map, is there a server setting to share one common map. I put a ton of wood and rock in my chest for building, i'll be on later to forage some more. Need to handle the water situation, there some rabbit in the fridge to cook, i'll go look for some beer ;)

Chests are unlocked.  Cooking pot on the fire, anvil on forge

Yes, the server got the update.  But I noticed issues as well. So I stopped it, reinstalled the latest patch and restarted.  Working fine now.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

I've been building up a temporary safehouse to withstand my first horde or two. It is located in a gas station roughly 1 Km SSE of the hub city (the centre of our grog-universe). I don't recognize any features for the map Arizona posted...so not sure where abouts that might be. There is a mighty cliff face many Km's wide in between my house and hub city, so will consider starting to build a concrete hording base with better access for raiding the city. Hopefully with good proximity to water/hunting. My favorite spot for setting up a safehouse is in a town where there are plenty or reasonable sized buildings to pick from for fortifying. A favorite trick is to completely surround a town house with sharp/explody objects, and create a sky bridge to it from an neighboring house for access/escape. Just have to remember to pull a block from the bridge whenever the bad guys decide to visit. I manage to forget this step a good percentage of the time.

One of the funny things about playing MP is that it's possible to miss many/all of the 7 day hordes depending on when you play. I've been playing since day 1, server is now > day 30 and still have yet to encounter a 7 day horde. Not sure what to expect when I finally do.