Rainbow 6 Siege. House breaching multi-player.

Started by jomni, June 10, 2014, 12:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Team Killing is my number one reason for not playing MP.

With a good bunch of players (gaming pals) you can have a blast online and I have done so over the years with various "clans" - be they FPS or driving communities. Unfortunately, even those suffer occasionally from people who are waaaaaaaaaaay too competitive!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jamus34

Yup - mostly stay away from MP due to TK's.

That and most FPS bring out the "kids" in droves. Last thing I want to hear is a 12 yr old with a foul mouth. Or worse the arsejacks that spam some horrible song at a volume setting of "11"
Insert witty comment here.

spelk

Completely off-topic-ish, but I'm reminded of a post I made at the Planetside 2 sub-reddit... mainly focussing on the obsession with team-killing :)

QuoteThe population percentages don't look good:

49% NC 29% VS 22% TR

But for me, its the fact that most of the remaining TR soldiers think shooting their own teammates is a valuable pursuit!

Even with these low numbers, I'm sure we could put up a spirited defense if our guns and ammo where pointed in a blue or purple direction.

Remember

a) Remember, when you spawn, don't press the trigger until you see some enemy.

b) Remember, when you queue at a red station, take your finger off the trigger.

c) Remember, when you drop in at a Sundy, move out, survey the battlefield, don't stay near the comforting lights of the equipment panel, and then test your weapons out on 1) the Sunderer, 2) the soldier next to you, 3) the Spitfire turret protecting the Sundy.

d) Remember, your life and your teammates life is precious to the cause of winning the battle.

e) Remember, ammo is precious

f) Remember, give out ammo!

g) Remember, combat medics are the salt of the earth, protect them and they will protect you (and prevent you having to constantly spawn)

h) Remember, shooting guns of any sort (but in particular, someones Sundy guns) into 1) the air, 2) the buildings, 3) your teammates - causes the following: 1) Wastes ammo, 2) Tells the enemy where you are!

i) Remember, repairing things is good

j) Remember, staying together increases your chances of success - as long as you don't shoot your teammates because you like to see the colourful lights pop out the end of your gun.

k) Remember, Base Turret defense is important - protect, repair and sweep for snipers regularly.

l) Remember, co-ordinated attacks of any sort (ground, air, vehicular) is very effective. So if you see others doing something - that isn't shooting your teammates - then join in!

m) Remember, Squad Leaders, place those Squad waypoints, use those Spawn Beacons intelligently, rally your troops to victory! (P.S. Don't shoot them)

n) Remember, Tactics win... if theres a killzone, the enemy has you bottlenecked, go somewhere else... Flank, don't step into the meat grinder, or fire into your teammates back!

o) Remember, chin up, push forward, support others, Strength in Unity!!

Hoo-rah! :)

spelk



Jarhead0331

So Budd was gracious enough to gift me a copy of R6: Siege. I'll admit, its not nearly as bad as I thought it was based on my experience with the beta.  However, I agree with the reviews that it is tremendous wasted potential. Had they used the system to build a solid SP experience, I would be all over this. Too bad. Its still a fun distraction, but I don't see myself sticking with it through the long run.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I was very interested in this until I read through this thread...I'm thinking I would be MUCH better off getting Metal Gear - The Phantom Pain instead, eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek


Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 30, 2015, 11:49:02 AM
I was very interested in this until I read through this thread...I'm thinking I would be MUCH better off getting Metal Gear - The Phantom Pain instead, eh?

Dude...MGSV is one of the greatest games ever made. Its definitely on my top 10 of all time list. It is awesome.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

^Stop beating around the bush.

MGSV is ~40.00 right now on Steam...any chance it will drop even further, you think?

Apologies for the off-topic.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 30, 2015, 05:44:55 PM
^Stop beating around the bush.

MGSV is ~40.00 right now on Steam...any chance it will drop even further, you think?

Apologies for the off-topic.

$34 here...

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/metal-gear-solid-v-5-the-phantom-pain-pc

Gusington

^You bastard.

You've bought from there before and can vouch for that site?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 30, 2015, 05:51:38 PM
^You bastard.

You've bought from there before and can vouch for that site?

A few titles with no issues....I always check there first and have no hesitations myself.

Jarhead0331

Its $32 on GMG with the additional 20% voucher.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd