Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

I was thinking the video of TW Warhammer looked a lot like AOW III to me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

#91
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 12, 2016, 06:49:06 PM
Just curious if anyone has seen what the Chaos DLC will be priced for people that don't pre-order?  I can get the base game for about $30 without the pre order deal so was curious on how much more I would have to pay.  Couldn't find anywhere myself where people were even guessing what it might be....
Where?  For $30.00, I'd happily forego the pre-order, as even the having to later pay to unlock the Chaos as a playable faction would almost certainly still be cheaper than having to fork over $60.00 for the game's listed price on Steam.  (And it's not like I'm terribly invested in wanting/needing to play as the Chaos faction in the meantime.) 




Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2016, 09:47:51 AM
For a solid fantasy/strategery mix, try Age of Wonders III or a Warlock game.
Despite some obvious flaws/critiques, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes remains my favorite fantasy 4x title.  The art style isn't my favorite, I remain less-than-enthralled with the combat system, and I miss the "stock" fantasy setting...but I enjoy the world's lore, I enjoy the civ-building mechanics, spells are cool, and -- most importantly -- there's always interesting strategic choices to be made. 

That being said, I will always second a recommendation for Age of Wonders 3 as well.  Much fun to be had with that game,  even without the Golden Realms and Eternal Lords expansions (although of course it's an even better experience with them).  O0 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces



Gusington

Grim you insufferable bastard.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2016, 07:50:14 PM
Grim you insufferable bastard.

Just trying to help:). I actually pulled the trigger myself, don't think I will see it any cheaper.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I guess it's a good thing Creative Assembly has a reputation for releasing polished, bug-free games on day 1!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2016, 07:31:49 AM
I guess it's a good thing Creative Assembly has a reputation for releasing polished, bug-free games on day 1!


Hrmm...  something seems off here.   ???

BanzaiCat

I like watching you guys buy the expensive games, sort of like millionaire junkies buying the hard drugs from billionaire dealers, while I have to go and buy the weak, cheap stuff from the Steam/GOG Sale guy in the tattered hoodie behind the gas station.  :-\

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2016, 07:35:54 AM
I like watching you guys buy the expensive games, sort of like millionaire junkies buying the hard drugs from billionaire dealers, while I have to go and buy the weak, cheap stuff from the Steam/GOG Sale guy in the tattered hoodie behind the gas station.  :-\

Well.. your recreational nose candy is likely more pure at that point.

Sir Slash

Damn BC. That was you behind the gas station? I thought it was Gus on stilts.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

No, I'm just here to watch you guys all buy this on Day 1, only to lament all the problems it has, and how you should have waited, and so on....I can't wait for that thread.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
No, I'm just here to watch you guys all buy this on Day 1, only to lament all the problems it has, and how you should have waited, and so on....I can't wait for that thread.

i wouldnt have even joined that thread on rome 2s notorious release day, i found nothing wrong with the game at all on my system