Main Menu

Take out the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, February 12, 2016, 06:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I am now almost 100%...just some mucus-y remnants. Thought you would like to know.

20 hours in to Mad Max as well and now I think I am ready for a switch...Homeworld Remastered or Attila TW Age of Charlemagne as the Danes...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I got in some quality time with Pillars of Eternity this weekend. This game continues to impress me. My current quest is the typical, "Find the Ruins before the Bad Guys do" type and get the Whatever-Thing. And avoid the Locals who worship it.

When you go to the area, the first thing you run into is a bunch of the locals guarding a bridge. None of the dialog choices will get you past them without a fight and so I try to find a way around them. No luck.

What am I supposed to do, give-up and come back later? Or just kill my way everywhere? After a second more detailed look around, I find a well concealed path that leads to a fallen bridge that you can jump across if you have the right equipment, that leads into the Ruins by a secret entrance.

I like the fact this game gives me an alternative to just fighting everything and doesn't make it too easy to find-- that I had to work a little bit to figure it out. As long as it's just a little.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

It's definitely a fine balance in all games between a little work and a lot of work, making the game less fun.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

It's a great game. The only thing that annoys me about RPGs are the damn puzzles. Move the left pillar to the serpent...move the right pillar to the bird.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

I stink at puzzles. Which is a puzzle within itself because I'm married. Figure that one out!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes, there is no Clue Book for marriage. Some puzzles are just beyond being solved.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2016, 08:56:07 PM
I stink at puzzles. Which is a puzzle within itself because I'm married. Figure that one out!

A puzzle with benefits!  ^-^ :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 18, 2016, 08:33:28 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2016, 08:56:07 PM
I stink at puzzles. Which is a puzzle within itself because I'm married. Figure that one out!

A puzzle with benefits!  ^-^ :coolsmiley:

Benefits which are only unlocked if you solve the puzzle.  :P

Gusington

I solve it only...occasionally.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

However, he regularly solves the riddle of himself.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I make heroic attempts to solve the puzzle until my wife comes along and takes it away from me and solves it herself. And then thanks me for the effort.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

 :o :o :o :o

...I am not even going to try to work out the euphamism there...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

There are puzzles and then there are Puzzles.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 18, 2016, 11:11:00 PM
There are puzzles and then there are Puzzles.  :P
Just so long as there isn't a cross word... ^-^
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bob48

Quote from: Boggit on February 18, 2016, 11:43:41 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 18, 2016, 11:11:00 PM
There are puzzles and then there are Puzzles.  :P
Just so long as there isn't a cross word... ^-^

Its enough to get one down.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!