Huge Matrix sale on Steam

Started by Rayfer, February 23, 2016, 01:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hofstadter

Would get the ageod games, but the engine makes me cry. Decisive campaigns, order or battle and panzer generals are a littletoo beer and pretzels for me.

Maybe that starhammer game...
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

Damn all of you, just got Soviet Corps.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Hofstadter on February 23, 2016, 07:09:28 PM
Would get the ageod games, but the engine makes me cry. Decisive campaigns, order or battle and panzer generals are a littletoo beer and pretzels for me.

Maybe that starhammer game...

Decisive Campaigns "is too beer and pretzels" for you?!?  :o

Hofstadter

I dont know, I play the grigsby games a lot. So going to DC after that, maybe I ruined it for me a little bit?
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Barthheart

No worries man. I just never heard anyone describe the DC series as beer and pretzels that's all. For me they are plenty groggy.... but then I've never scarped up enough money to play the GG titles...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Rise of Prussia Gold is showing up as 125% off. They actually pay you $5.00 to get it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Sir Slash

Fredrick the Great would not approve. He was notoriously cheap you know. This sale coincides with my 2nd anniversary as a Matrix member so I get another 8% off. Am I lucky or just good.  :))
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

Quote from: Hofstadter on February 23, 2016, 07:14:58 PM
I dont know, I play the grigsby games a lot. So going to DC after that, maybe I ruined it for me a little bit?

Calling the DC games "beer and pretzels" is a little unfair, I think. Yes, they're not as hard-core as the Grigsby game, but they have a lot of fine-grained historical detail -- much more than games like Panzercorps or Battle Academy, which are true beer & pretzels (which I don't mean as a knock against them -- they do what they do very well).

To me, the DC games hit a sweet spot between Beer & Pretzels on the one hand, and overly complex grogginess, a la War in the Pacific: AE.  Just my opinion, but I've found DC Case Blue infinitely more engaging than the dour, drab, lifeless GG War in the East.... (WitP:AE I do love, although I think the grand campaign is essentially unplayable).

Hofstadter

Yeah, I really did not give the game much of the chance, the card system also turned me off. It reminded me of magic the gathering
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

mirth

Quote from: Hofstadter on February 23, 2016, 08:44:19 PM
...the card system also turned me off. It reminded me of magic the gathering

Testify, brother!

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on February 23, 2016, 08:46:48 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on February 23, 2016, 08:44:19 PM
...the card system also turned me off. It reminded me of magic the gathering

Testify, brother!

Really? The "card system" plays such a small role in the game... in fact you can play entire campaigns without ever using any cards.

mirth

I was reacting to his MTG statement only  :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

panzerde

Probably about to cave on Revolution Under Siege since I've had it on the wishlist for awhile. Doubt I'll play it for quite some time, but for <$10...

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus