Atlantic Fleet coming to Steam

Started by IronX, February 24, 2016, 01:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

IronX

In addition to the mobile version, you can soon grab it for PC/Mac on Steam. Coming in "February":

http://store.steampowered.com/app/420440/

Shelldrake

That looks really nice. I have wanted a successor to Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic for a long time - hope this one fills the bill.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

I have this for my iPad and it's a fun time waster....


undercovergeek

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 24, 2016, 01:50:34 PM
That looks really nice. I have wanted a successor to Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic for a long time - hope this one fills the bill.

looks very nice - moist interest

Barthheart

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 24, 2016, 01:50:34 PM
That looks really nice. I have wanted a successor to Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic for a long time - hope this one fills the bill.

This game is not a deep as Great Naval Battles... much lighter fare....

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2016, 02:08:05 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 24, 2016, 01:50:34 PM
That looks really nice. I have wanted a successor to Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic for a long time - hope this one fills the bill.

This game is not a deep as Great Naval Battles... much lighter fare....

Bingo.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

#6
Looks a lot nicer on those PC screenies/vid than on my iPad though...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Shelldrake

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2016, 02:08:05 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 24, 2016, 01:50:34 PM
That looks really nice. I have wanted a successor to Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic for a long time - hope this one fills the bill.

This game is not a deep as Great Naval Battles... much lighter fare....

:(
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Yeah sorry to burst yer bubble but I wanted to make sure you knew what you are getting...  :(

WallysWorld

Released: http://store.steampowered.com/app/420440/

I'm definitely looking at it even though it is lighter fare, but it interests me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Barthheart

It is fun, and this version looks real pretty.... I'll probably get it too.  O0

bbmike

Is there a damage/repair feature at least? GNBNA had a great one.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

#13
Quote from: bbmike on February 25, 2016, 11:43:01 AM
Is there a damage/repair feature at least? GNBNA had a great one.

From the game's manual:

5) Subsystem Damage Report
Subsystems of a ship may be knocked out for several turns or destroyed. Damage control crews automatically attempt to repair each damaged subsystem each turn. However
some specific subsystems as well as destroyed subsystems cannot be repaired.
Gray No damage
Yellow Light damaged
Orange Moderate Damaged
Red Destroyed
In Battle of the Atlantic game mode, destroyed subsystems as well as overall ship damage and flooding are permanent and can only be repaired by visiting a port


Ports:
2) Ships currently being repaired and rearmed
Status indicates the number of turns until work on the ship is complete. Once complete the ship becomes active and is released back into the zone. Bombing raids by enemy air forces can cause
delays to ships undergoing repairs/rearming. Number of turns required to repair/rearm based on ship size and damage amount.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Barthheart

Yes.... damage is fairly detailed in that damage gets allocated to specific ship components. You can for instance target the enemy ship's turrets to knock them out or target the stern to slow them down etc.

Repairs can be made to some systems during a battle not most have to wait until you can get to a port. Then the ship is laid up for a number of turns depending on how bad the damage is.

Also the enemy can bomb your ports, as random events, and thus slow down repairs. There are random events that have your forces bomb their ports as well.