Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

Quote from: bbmike on February 29, 2016, 02:32:52 PM
Being in the Pacific War mood I've been lately I'm tempted to buy Squad Battles Pacific War now.  :o


You won't regret doing so. I have Pacific War and The Proud and the Few. Both are excellent. When you get tired of PTO stuff, you can install the Africa at War mod and play modern African conflicts. It's a great system.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

gameleaper

#226
too much coffee and programing for 24hrs

gameleaper

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwg1l-y33WTRb2ZDQkJNZEhOTnc/view?usp=sharing

quick scenario AFRICA CORPS , its not real event, but its just a go at a test of desert warfare using the plain vanilla game, there is hard-going through desert with Tanks and infantry with AT equipment.

BlackJaguar

Thank you all for your support guys, here is my going forward with the game message:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4034427

Barthheart

Quote from: BlackJaguar on March 01, 2016, 08:55:04 AM
Thank you all for your support guys, here is my going forward with the game message:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4034427

That's a good solid plan BJ.  O0

Michael Dorosh

Nice to see the transparency from the developer. Looking forward to seeing the project grow.

Sir Slash

I wish so many other developers had your honesty and dedication Sir.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

gameleaper

#232
too much coffee and programing for 24hrs

gameleaper

#233
too much coffee and programing for 24hrs

undercovergeek

what?

what the hell happened here?

gameleaper

#235
too much coffee and programing for 24hrs

bbmike

gameleaper, I don't think you did anything wrong. You just posted your thoughts on the game. Please don't stop posting here.  :coolsmiley:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on March 02, 2016, 06:23:06 AM
gameleaper, I don't think you did anything wrong. You just posted your thoughts on the game. Please don't stop posting here.  :coolsmiley:

+100

You are a great contributer to our forum, please don't stop. Reading all your posts I see nothing that you have done wrong or stupid.

Pete Dero

Quote from: gameleaper on March 02, 2016, 06:12:15 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2016, 05:49:56 AM
what?

what the hell happened here?

A farewell, but the why is that the game was released and its ASL parts were not admitted as its core system, I was told this was unethical to not state it was based on someone elses work, and I had to agree Peter should of said he used ASL system. But I was telling everyone it was based on ASL, which I now see as a part secret , and I should of wink wink kept to myself, I feel I did anti-community stuff by telling people it was ASL system, then Peter Made a statement it was based off ASL. I felt this was partly myfault for being free with the fact is was ASL system, so I feel now that Ive let people down, so goodbye, I wont post again.

I also think you didn't do something wrong.

Check out this (french) review of Tigers on the Hunt : http://www.wargamer.fr/test-de-tigers-on-the-hunt/ done 29 februari.

This are the opening lines of the review:

OMG ! Ils ont osé copier ASL !! Il aura fallu attendre presque trente ans pour voir arriver une adaptation – presque – fidèle à Advanced Squad Leader... La réalisation de Tigers on the Hunt est également – presque – aussi datée, et c'est donc sans réelles attentes que l'on découvre ce clone d'ASL, avec son interface poussiéreuse et son graphisme déprimant. Mais pour les fans, la magie opère... presque !

As you can see they (and most other wargamers) immediately see the link with ASL.  (By the way the score they give isn't good).
No one can blame you for disclosing something that is already in the open.

Sir Slash

The only thing you've done anti-community Gameleaper is to assume you cannot speak freely here. We all do. That's why we're here. Don't give-up on us, or yourself, so easily.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.