Seven Years War: Releases End of October

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 24, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hofstadter

Another little suggestion, I would change the icon for cavalry melee, as it is it just looks like a move order, so its hard to tell if it ordered correctly with that small sword symbol. So I would change the color of the move line or give a seperate end symbol, that line facing thing, to indicate that it ordered a melee attack.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Asid

Update to version 1.099
28 February

Game enhancements:
- added more smoke animation to the battle
- implemented first parts of new battle GUI part 2 (minimap and battle information comes with 1.100)

Game balance:
- improved pathfinding near coasts, should result in less stuck traders and fleets

Fixed bugs:
- fixed not coming to the siege menu if a city with upgraded fort is besieged
- fixed preset ship constructions without orders at the beginning of a new scenario
- fixed damaged buildings at the beginning of a new scenario
- fixed occupied fleet storage by earlier loaded divisions when restarting game
- fixed problems with embarking/debarking related to the transported fleet not finding accurate waypoints
- fixed diplomatic technology transfers having no effect
- unit sprites are now reduced when suffering losses
- fixed crash at the beginning of second battle related to loss animations
- fixed colonels could not be replaced on regimental level

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Update to version 1.100
5 March

Game enhancements:
- added minimap for battles
- added battle event information
- added optional automatic price adjustment for companies (button next to product price in company menu)
- added mouseover tooltips for campaign mode for further ingame descriptions (may be disabled in options menu -> tooltips on/off); French & Spanish version to follow in next version

Fixed bugs:
- removed retreat question at the beginning of second battle if retreated in the first one
- deactive regiments (with 0 men) cannot be chosen and are now hidden on battle map
- terrain information of single chosen unit in battle can now be turned off
- fastmarch orders for whole brigades and divisions now work properly
- fixed bug where defending garrison sometimes did not suffer from attacker's artillery fire in sieges
- fixed not selectable armies and forts in sieges (unfortunately works not for older savegames)

Others:
- synchronized fatigue information in mouseover information: now a full green bar goes down when moving and shows red color if fatigue is critical

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

mikeck

I'm very interested in this and will buy it; BUT, only once a full manual is done. I have seen several people complain that nothing tells them WHY they should do something or HOW things work (like the economy).
Developer seems to be very good about updates so I'm hoping he can take a break from game fixes and update the manual maybe?

I don't know, I haven't played it (but have the manual). Anyone who has played this have a different opinion?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Swatter

I am working on a review which will be done this month, so you could wait till then. I promise that I will figure out how things work and give you guys a summary and tips as needed.

sandman2575

Quote from: Swatter on March 05, 2016, 02:26:57 PM
I am working on a review which will be done this month, so you could wait till then. I promise that I will figure out how things work and give you guys a summary and tips as needed.

I look forward to reading it. I for one remain completely in the dark when it comes to the main campaign and economy management.

Asid

Update to version 1.101
5 March

- enabled permanent windowed mode (1.101) - fixes some incompatibility issues with windows 10 resolutions and you can now alt+tab without loss of textures
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

keppelmueller

have added "what to do" mouseover tooltips for 1.101,
enhancement of manual is under way

Hofstadter

Will take a look when i get home, might start a new campaign series
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Hofstadter

Dude really nice work on those blue tooltips. That really should help people understand the economy!
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Asid

Updated Manual

Work is underway on an expanded/improved manual. More details to follow.

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

besilarius

How many games with great concepts fell by the wayside because the company did not listen to fan feedback?

Whatever the final result, my deep respect for the efforts being made to tweak the game up to its potential.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MetalDog

I second that.  keppelmueller has done an outstanding job staying on top of this and listening to feedback and incorporating it.  Bravo, sir!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

sandman2575

Very much agree. Keppelmueller's dedication to his game and willingness to listen to player feedback have really been exceptional.    O0

Jarhead0331

I'm sure Keppelmueller appreciates all the kind words, but how many of you have actually bought the game? Support his efforts with your wallet. He deserves it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18