Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Total Homeworld Annihilation, hm?

I had wondered if the remastered collection was being released to help drum up money for another project.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: IronX on December 16, 2015, 05:35:25 PM
I haven't been following this one, but it sure looks sweet. New trailer:


Giggity!  Loins moistening in 3, 2, 1... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

^Jesus...do you and Gusington share a brain?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Martok

Pretty much, yeah.  About the only area in which we differ is that he has more of a preference for breasts, whereas I go for the derriere.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^I can change my stance on that with the right derriere present.


✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 17, 2015, 03:06:26 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 16, 2015, 05:41:08 PM
SCHWING...beginning of 2016??? That's two weeks, technically...

Guess what else is early '16



Was this game originally titled 'Shipbreakers' or something similar?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#67
We .. must.. havez.. it..






The customization stuff looks pretty damn cool.  But then I saw the slow-mo gameplay late in the vid. 
   

Good mix of awesome.  :coolsmiley:   :smiley6600:  I hope it's not too buggy out the gate.

Gusington

42 minutes!! Must watch tomorrow...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I can bide my time, like the Eldar, whose fleet I shall be swearing allegiance to.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

MP BETA starts on Thursday.

We will, indeed, purge the heretics.

And the naff Eldar for that matter...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

RedArgo

Looks great, wish I knew about the lore.  Any suggestions on a good way to learn about that?

Wish there was a Star Trek or Honor Harrington game like this.

panzerde

Quote from: RedArgo on March 07, 2016, 10:41:53 PM
Looks great, wish I knew about the lore.  Any suggestions on a good way to learn about that?

Wish there was a Star Trek or Honor Harrington game like this.


The Black Library is one way to pick up the lore: http://www.blacklibrary.com/


Another is to grab the Dawn of War games from Steam. They don't cover everything, but aren't a bad introduction. You'll get enough to understand who the factions are.


But yes, an Honor Harrington game like this would be phenomenal.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on March 07, 2016, 10:51:16 PM
But yes, an Honor Harrington game like this would be phenomenal.

Oh hell yes! 

I'd kill for a computer version of Saganami Island

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17022/saganami-island-tactical-simulator
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus