Main Menu

When FRIDAY cries

Started by undercovergeek, April 22, 2016, 05:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on April 22, 2016, 06:42:51 AM
CMANO, continuing to slowly get into NF8. End of the semester grading is kicking my butt!

Maybe some CMANO.  Very sad about Prince!  It must have been summery when Purple Rain came out because I remember running through a thunderstorm to get to the theater.

In other news, Panzer Battles Normandy is the Game of the Week!  A beautiful game and really extraordinarily well-made.  I've played scores of Normandy games and this one is by far the best.  I got the 23rd Hussars going in the Beny Bocage scenario.  They were first off the mark despite having a C-morale (versus A for 3RTR), but I think I'm going to have to adjust them to at least B.

WallysWorld

CMFI PBEM.
CMSF with the Canadian campaign.
Continuing my season at Martinsville with Nascar 15.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on April 22, 2016, 07:52:58 AM

Civ MP of any kind if I can hook up with anyone not asleep.


This a dig on me!!!.. I've had some late nights at work lately, I'm a tired old man!. I'm hoping this weekend, I am work free.. so far so good.  O:-)

PanzersEast

I'm going through my library and I hope to spend time with.

EU IV
UnReal World
Xenonauts (modded)


PE

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Toonces on April 22, 2016, 07:59:49 AM
I'm also very seriously considering playing the 3 Days in 7 Hours mod for Scourge of War: Gettysburg.  I've been reading a good book on Gettysburg and it has me in the mood to do some gaming.  I haven't tried the mod yet, but my understanding is that it plays the three days in three consecutive segments, carrying over casualties from one day to another.  I think you have to play it at Army command level, which is what has put me off trying it thus far...I am most definitely not ready for that responsibility yet.

Funny, but I'm considering playing some Scourge of War: Gettysburg myself. I'm just finishing up reading "Gettysburg" by Stephen Sears. I really like his writing style. What book are you reading, Toonces?

I'm also trying to finish Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13, but the AI is getting brutally efficient near the end.

sandman2575

After my bumbling abortive attempt at Dark Souls III (refunded... but I'm weak-willed and will prob. pick it up again on sale at some point), I decided to actually try to get into Witcher III.  Not sure how far I'll actually get, since I am terrible at the combat, but even after only putting a few hours into this, man, I'm just overwhelmed by the game as an artistic achievement. It's almost unbelievable what CDProjektRed pulled off in creating this. I'm truly in awe.

Will probably continue my Kampfgruppe Peiper campaign in the excellent CM Final Blitzkrieg. Just finished the 3rd battle, crossing the bridge at Stavelot. Man, that is a brutal (and huge) scenario. But man do I love "take that bridge at all costs!" missions -- so much fun. And close-quarters street fighting in CM is always a huge rush for me. A frustrating meat-grinder in many ways, but gritty and intense!

jamus34

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 22, 2016, 10:11:35 AM
I'm going through my library and I hope to spend time with.

EU IV
UnReal World
Xenonauts (modded)


PE
Hey PE, what mods are you running for Xenonauts?
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

I liked Prince's music too though the man was a little harder to get excited about. But a whole lot of young ladies got excited about him back in the day and that was a very good thing. The games I play now are of a different sort, less exciting but much safer. With that said, I will be playing Pillars of Eternity to take a break from Civil War II which itself was a break from CMBN. The weekend demands it's own time and a lighter atmosphere plus I can play Pillars after a couple of drinks and not lose a whole war in one sitting. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

PanzersEast

Quote from: jamus34 on April 22, 2016, 11:26:34 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 22, 2016, 10:11:35 AM
I'm going through my library and I hope to spend time with.

EU IV
UnReal World
Xenonauts (modded)


PE
Hey PE, what mods are you running for Xenonauts?

Here is my list:
Community Mod.
Kahll's More Portraits
Full Soviet Weapons Ext.
German Weapons Pack
Names of the World
Armored Assault
Lore+
Mikiztli's Hot Flamer
Reinforcements
Larger Living Quarters


Waiting to try:
Saracen Reborn
Dynamic UFOs
Building and Salaries Overhaul
Kabill's Tactical Armouries
Enhanced Crash Sites
Cybernetic Armour
Random Map Packs


vyshka

I'll be spending time with Polaris Sector, Star Ruler 2, Ashes of the Singularity, and 8-bit Armies if I pick that up.

I watched the following 2 videos yesterday. His playing at the end of this version of 'My Guitar Gently Weeps' is great, and his being able to play Purple Rain at the Super Bowl in the middle of a rain storm seemed like a wonderful event.




Raied

Lets see:
Flashpoint Campaigns: RS
Arma 3
GG: War in the East

I got Kerbal Space Program with a nice discount, but I feel lazy to learn it right now.

Huw the Poo


PanzersEast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 22, 2016, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 22, 2016, 10:11:35 AM
UnReal World

Ooh...this is on my wishlist.  How is it?

I've played this one before it was released on Steam and just picked up the Steam version.  It is one of the best survivor games I have played.  It is hard though, and does not hold your hand..... I've enjoyed it and have kept coming back to.


PE

sandman2575

Anyone plan on picking up BattleFleet Gothic: Armada? 

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, I *hate* (can't emphasize that enough) the entire Warhammer cosmos. On the other hand.... huge capital ships trading broadsides with eachother. Huge customizable ships. (And are they really any more ridiculous than some of the SOTS alien vessels that I'm more than content enough to play against?  Hmmm...)

Greybriar

Since I just purchased Order of Battle: Pacific and Order of Battle: Morning Sun this morning, that's what I will be playing this weekend.

To break monotony, I will also be playing another game I picked up recently, Train Valley. This one surprised me because I didn't expect I'd like it. But I was so pleased with it that I purchased both it and its DLC after playing around with its free demo for awhile.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.