Friday.....I Would Die For You

Started by JudgeDredd, April 29, 2016, 12:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WallysWorld

CMFI pbem.
After buying some plane modifications for Rise of Flight, I just started my career with the Belgian air service using the excellent Pat Wilson Campaign Generator. First mission is to drop a spy behind enemy lines. I have to do some practice flying with the FE 2b first before I try this mission.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JasonPratt

Spent a few hours trying to get multiplayer Factorio going Saturday, and after succeeding played maybe an hour-and-a-half. I like it as much as Fortresscraft (as expected) -- they fill somewhat different niches despite the extremely similar topics.

As expected I played a few rounds of Twilight Struggle with Bart (and updated my side of the AARs). Also as expected, I played several missions of the first campaign in Company of Heroes and was forcibly reminded why I've had trouble getting into that game: every mission is brutally epic, and sometimes there are scripted cheats against me (e.g. a scripted arty barrage that will continue killing my units until I retreat far enough, despite my successful defense of an area).

Also as expected, finally got into the Grand Ages: Medieval campaign, and having been a veteran of the system since waaaaayyyy back in the days of Sid Meir's Pirates (the original one for the C64 era), I think I have a bit of an advantage on what's expected in gameplay.  :coolsmiley: So I'm up to the point where I'm supposed to build my first merc unit, but since there's no timer really (that cute Empress is going to be an old hag, or revealed to be a saucy witch, by the time she arrives in Bulgaria!  ::) ) I'm making sure I have enough of an infrastructure to support them first.

Somewhat unexpectedly, I also got through about 1/3 of the first game in the Sands of Time quadrilogy: I play through it every two or three years, and felt like starting it again this weekend. Not sure I'm feeling enough of the love to continue much farther yet, although obviously I do love the series.  :smitten:

Oh, and I bought a copy of Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord from GoG to help support the hoped-for eventual port of Barbie to Berlin and Afrika Korps to GoG.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

kludger

I had plans to play DC:Barbarossa this weekend, to migrate to the steam version, but ended up just playing Dark Souls 3 all weekend instead.

Turns out the temporary roadblock I ran into trying to beat the Abyss Watchers bosses made me retry a bunch of times until I figured out how to beat them, but the side benefit is all the souls I got each attempt kept me leveling up every couple of tries, and my higher level character as a result has made the DS3 play much easier since that boss.

Gusington

Got my fill of economic/trading games over the last 2-3 weeks and have finally started Pillars of Eternity...took me about an hour to roll my new character and begin the story. Behold Gus the Dward Cipher.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Very impressive! How'd you get all those double-digit stats? Does that what 'Cipher' means-- you just 'Cipher' in whatever stats you want?  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I think it means as I progress I get to eat people's minds. Oh and I get a Soul Whip.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

At Level 5 do you get some Soul 'Cuffs to go along with?  ;D I've found the Druid class to be very powerful in this game. They get some great Nature-based spells, offense and buffs, and they can Shape-Shift into one of several different Killing Machines like a bear or lion as well as just plain fighting with melee or missile weapons. They've got something for any occasion.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 04, 2016, 07:59:16 AM
I think it means as I progress I get to eat people's minds. Oh and I get a Soul Whip.

So, a lot like any given week on the forums, then!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on April 29, 2016, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 29, 2016, 06:46:28 PM


Caves Of Qud is a superb roguelike.  I just wish it had a better looking graphical tile set.

I tried UnReal World a few years ago.  The UI was fairly straightforward, as far as classic style roguelikes go, but it seemed like I needed to learn an assload of info from it's game wikis up front, to have much chance of lasting long.



More World Of Warships with the Grogs this weekend, for me.
Have you tried Dungeons of Dredmor? That's quite fun and the graphics, while basic, are not too dire.


Oh yes.   It is my most played game on Steam, according to their count, at around 230 hours.   :)  Of course, I've had the listed "time played" for some Steam games screw up & reset to zero before so one of the Total Wars may be close to that also.


Actually beat Dredmor once.  But I think it was due to some bug, in that specific version, where some of the player-cast DoTs would never end on him. 

Gusington

I almost took a druid in PoE...a lot of interesting classes.

Jason I haven't eaten anyone's mind here in at least a few months.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd