Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^My excuse is that I don't know much about Warhammer, Commander. Plus I like to get good deals on games.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2016, 07:51:21 PM
^My excuse is that I don't know much about Warhammer, Commander.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki

Read tonight. Buy game tomorrow.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Let's all guilt trip Gus into buying it. 

Buy it Gus.  You know you want to.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The man has to have some self-respect. Plus he doesn't want all of us to be making Dwarf jokes about his campaign.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2016, 07:51:21 PM
^My excuse is that I don't know much about Warhammer, Commander. Plus I like to get good deals on games.

I don't know the first thing about Warhammer. I love Song of Ice and fire style fantasy but hate high fantasy like Lord of the Rings. This is far more like the latter...that said, it's fun! You don't have to know anything to have fun launching fireballs from a mate into a file of cavalry riding pig-looking things. Vampires fighting Orcs and crap. For me, lore is cool....but I didn't Know anything about Rome prior to Rome:total war (the original). Played for a bit and that inspired me to learn. Point is, if it's fun, you will play and then learn the lore...I don't think it matters if you do it that way instead of the opposite
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Raied

I don't like fantasy setting, but I think this total war as strategy game looks very good. The thing that prevent me the most of buying it is I tried to like warhammer setting before but failed (I bought Warhammer 40000 dawn of war long ago). If this was with lord of the rings or star wars setting I would get it immediately.

FlickJax

Fantasy is a lot more exciting than real life that is for sure.....Open your minds people

Grim.Reaper

I didn't see this before, quick interesting read on the difficulty levels in the game.....easy sounds good to me:)

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Difficulty_and_Balancing_Blog

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2016, 05:49:23 AM
I didn't see this before, quick interesting read on the difficulty levels in the game.....easy sounds good to me:)

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Difficulty_and_Balancing_Blog

Thanks for posting GR....this gives hope to us strategically/tactically challenged gamers who survive only because of easy difficulty levels.

Skwerl

GR - Thanks for the link!  I've started the campaign game twice, and got my ass comprehensively kicked both times (even though I win most of the tactical battles without too much trouble).  I guess it's going to be the easy setting for me until I figure out what's going on.

Gusington

Are there seasons in his campaign?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd