Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

@Tuna:  You can bite me.  Twice :P

@Nefaro: Never in all of infinity would I have anything to do with that abomination of cartoon non-hilarity

@WYBaugh:  It's 5:30 in the morning.  I'm bummed I gotta work.  Barely able to function much less come up with a witty way to say, "It blows that I gotta work on Saturday!"  I usually try to think of what I will start the FRIDAY thread with on Thursday, but, I worked from sun up to sun down and I never know if one of the Euros or US early risers is going to beat me to it.  Forgiven?

@JD:  Thanks, man.  I wouldn't feel too bad for me.  Next Saturday I will be in beautiful Columbus, Ohio at the Origins Game Fair, meeting such GH luminaries as Cyrano, Panzerde, Barthheart, Martok (who will be my roomie for the weekend), BayonetBrant and others that I am sure that I am missing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

Well since i wont be buying HOI4 I'll be exploring 7 days to die on my mini bike looking for calipers..must have bullets. I've been getting back into CSME so i'll knock back a few scenarios on that one, great support with that title and mouse wheel zoom at last.. hurrah. I'm still not over my old school Doom itch so i'll be playing some levels of Brutal Doom: Project Brutality mod and some Zombicide with the kids we still need to try the toxic mall expansion.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bbmike

More Planar Conquest. Still having fun with it. I also need to post my first turn of Don't Tread on Me AAR. Might play some more HOI4. And think about missing Origins again.  :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 06:16:38 PM


@Nefaro: Never in all of infinity would I have anything to do with that abomination of cartoon non-hilarity





>:D


"Try as you may, Carl, but you cannot heat up our moon juices."


CJReich46

Working, Saturday and Sunday- short days. No biggie.

Afterwords, Stellaris, or Distant Worlds: Universe with the Retreat UE II mod, maybe other stuff. I downloaded sketchdesk for my tablet and just tinkering with it.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

MetalDog

Quote from: Nefaro on June 10, 2016, 07:04:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 06:16:38 PM


@Nefaro: Never in all of infinity would I have anything to do with that abomination of cartoon non-hilarity





>:D






My kids watched that crap in their teens and thought it was the apex of comedy.  Never saw the humor in it.  I will say that the guy that voices Carl used to come on the Scott Van Pelt show on Fridays during football season.  The segment was called, "Carl's, Stone, Cold, Lead Pipe, Lock O' the Century, O' the Week!"  I enjoyed that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

WYBaugh

MetalDog, you are my fellow Metal Dog so just had to toss out a frown.  Sorry about your weekend but enjoy next weekend!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

kludger

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2016, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.
...
Oh - thank god. I thought there was a Euro 2016 Football tournament on and that I was going to lose a lot of time watching it. If it's soccer, it ain't what I was thinking...cool...more gaming  :P


Going to spend the weekend watching lots of awesome football/soccer not only Euro 2016 but also this side of the pond's 2016 Copa America Centanario, plus F1 Canada, really looking forward to it.

Somewhere in there I also hope to continue to learn/play HOI4, Overwatch and maybe finish Dark Souls 3 which I'm really close to finishing.

Tuna


MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on June 10, 2016, 06:07:22 PM
HOI4, Heroes and Generals, maybe some Stellaris.  Wanting to buy Dirt Rally but hesitant because time is limited these days with so many awesome new releases to play.
I don't know if you saw - but it's 40% off on Steam
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bayonetbrant

I'm playing the "road trip to Origins" game with the "2 kids in the car" DLC all day on Sunday
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jamus34

I might have to check out this Origins thing next year.
Insert witty comment here.

Raied

HOI4 obviously.
I got AGEOD's Thirty years war, just released yesterday on steam, so I am going to play it, wondering why nobody talks about it here?