Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Quote from: Rekim on June 03, 2016, 11:59:08 PM
I hope this games stays in alpha for a very long time. They keep adding such cool stuff.

I am wondering how the console port will affect the timeline. There is so much they can add, its grown by leaps and bounds. An alpha...my most played game...go figure :)

Well i am currently holed up in Perishtown .....hahahah...funny. It's a good sized town/city. Going on day 2 in town, decided to drop my bag and have committed to looting this berg. Being a little more careful and thoughtful in my approach, circle town, pick off any out lying zombies. I'm in probably the most secure place in town.....bank vault ;D ... slapped a door on the vault and we got a nice hidey hole. I'll centralize the loot here in the vault. I've seen a shamway and a powerstation, the powerstation is next on the loot list. I've got to be out of this place by day 42, the bank wont keep the horde out being mostly glass walls and all. Got to be a bookstore in town somewhere, i hope, hoping for the full meal deal a shotgun messiah and working stiff tool shop. So I'm sitting in my vault sucking on yucca fruit waiting for the night to pass. Nice that its by the desert, all the yucca i can eat....man its dark.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Hi Guys.  Going out of town on a business trip next week.  If one of you wants admin rights to manage updates, get an account with gameservers.com then IM me.

Happy hunting...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

just jumped on and it seems its back to day 1, the map didnt reset just the days it seems.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I haven't been on all week.  But that was an issue I saw a couple of times the last game we had going.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Mike and I were on (he was still on when I left).  I made up some more cement, shotgun shells (yes, I can make them now), did some mining, and cooked up some food.  Also made a bunch of wood frames and placed them in the walkway chest, since you said you were maybe going to extend the walkway some more. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I won't get much time until probably the weekend. Think I've looted most of the map, except individual houses and half of the western town. I've hit all 4 borders of the map that touch the radioactive zone. Where's Mike holed up? Came across some partial builds in a couple of spots. The stock map is small, I'm about ready for a map reset. I have an idea for the next base, I'd like to make it in the western town, although I've never seen one in random. Think I'd like AT to bump up zombie activity settings next time if everyone is OK with it. I ran into a horde of all lumberjack in the snow biome, first time I've seen that. A couple more trips and the map will be explored out for me, ill go back to building.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

I started moving towards your hideout on the lake. I setup a temp shelter on the roof of the book store, which is what I expect you found budd. While playing over the weekend I also noticed that the map seems to be well looted at this point. The stock map does seem rather small compared to random gen. I'd be happy for a restart with a random map as well.

Rekim

Next time I will try to do better about getting setup in the same vicinity as you guys. In our current game I got distracted with just trying to survive. Don't know why the zeds turned came out so mean this time around.

-budd-

Anybody take AT up on being an admin? I've about given up on the search for calipers, the wiki says there only in working stiff crates. I'm still holding out hope for a pair in the supply drops crates. Come on down to the island base we got everything but calipers, there'a also a house nearby with a lot of stakes we based in at first. There's a couple of mini's on the dock and about 40 barrels of oil for gas if you want to travel. I'm also looking for some more pieces to the radioactive suit so i can venture into the radioactive zone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I did not.  I'm open to resetting the server whenever you guys are. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Rekim

I didn't either.

I setup in a Working Stiffs store with the hope of one day finding some calipers. The navezgane map is obviously too small if we managed to scavenge the entire map without finding a single set.

JasonPratt

Didn't the major upgrade set up new character xp choices which allow making various items previously unmakable? -- maybe also requiring a book, not sure, but my impression was that in some cases a book was no longer required, just a choice on spending the xp. (The book now being another route.)

Also, I was hoping that building the radiation suit was the effective endgame -- you win if you survive and thrive long enough to build the suit and leave the area.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

Yes Jason. Build 14 added new skills which replace the need for finding some books. Concrete and steal are a couple. Calipers and crossbows, are not on the list.

OJsDad

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 08, 2016, 11:31:27 PM
Hi Guys.  Going out of town on a business trip next week.  If one of you wants admin rights to manage updates, get an account with gameservers.com then IM me.

Happy hunting...

AT, I'm looking at the gameservers.com web site, but I don't see how to create and account without ordering a server. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

i had to open an account to pay for a couple months so its possible.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.