Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

Quote from: Flywheel on July 29, 2016, 09:28:52 AM
What co-ordinates?
I have been looting today so have some starter gear, plenty of water, antibiotics, etc. So am kitted reasonably well. But will come have a look at what you have, perhaps leave some of my loot in exchange.

Center of the map is Hub city, 0,0.  Our base is on the NE side. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

OK, will find it when next on.
Hold my beer and watch this!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on July 29, 2016, 08:15:32 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 30, 2015, 02:22:44 PM
We might have reached the point where it's too late for new characters to join even if they're experienced players. :-[

I'm well late onto the server, but I'm going to give it my best shot.  O0

I really haven't spent much time in the cities yet...and am fairly low level.  Outside the cities, you should not have trouble surviving.  Just always have a good escape route, and some coffee so you can run like hell....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

On my single-player I have spent quite some time in the city, actually. I drop a whole bunch of spikes grouped on the road and encourage them into it. I have despatched as many as 8-10 in one go that way. Just keep manouvering because some try to walk round them until they get frustrated and lunge for you - impaled :)

I have cleared an entire district like that, just keep an eye for any sneakies creeping up behind you.

Maybe it is a well-known trap, but I kind of thought it through for myself. Why not do practice single-player and test it out? Any refinements let me know :)
Hold my beer and watch this!

Flywheel

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 13, 2015, 02:06:38 PM
Zombies set to only walk, since I like a little more relaxed game....
And who taught them to walk? Usain Bolt?
I came online at 23.30 game-time and immediately torn to shreds after they turned my temporary hovel to matchwood. Fine, respawn - the buggers were all over me at Olympic speeds! Died 9 times during this night!

Damn! I need to get something built before nightfall
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

The server settings are set to a harder level.  Budd and I thought we had a good defense in place with a few rows of spikes.  Yea, they blew right through them. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

I have managed to stagger to Hub City. I need to go in for a rest before deciding what to do. There'd better be coffee, I'm tellin  ya!  ;D
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

There's coffee.  Top floor in one of the crates you'll find some.  If not, up on the roof you'll find some growing. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

Thanks. took a couple of bandages, water and a few items of food, replaced by gunpowder and shell casings
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

Hi AT.  When you get a minute, can you reboot the server.  Neither Budd nor I can do anything.  We've both logged out and back in a couple of times and it's not helping. 

Thanks
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

Is it lagging, OJ? I couldn't play at all this morning because of it.
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on August 06, 2016, 03:52:31 PM
Hi AT.  When you get a minute, can you reboot the server.  Neither Budd nor I can do anything.  We've both logged out and back in a couple of times and it's not helping. 

Thanks

OK, rebooted....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

FPS still dropping, even tried lowering my settings more, they still slowly drop until unplayable. How is it for you guys?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I just logged in for the first time since last week and it seems fine to me. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.