Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

#870
They must be changing it, currently they spawn in POI' s in random, see them in a lot buildings now.

What's your opinion on stock vs random. The cities in stock are small, no hub but I like the new POI's , just not sure they will be in random.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

The small size of the Nav map makes it better for SP. 2-player might do okay too.

Rekim

I don't recall ever seeing a zed spawn inside a POI in random gen.

-budd-

There already in a lot of the buildings I search, in numbers up to 3, but usually just 1 or 2. know they spawned there as there was no opening before i broke in.

Yea nav map is small and no hub city or big cities at all, at least compared to the random cities. Random does need some new POI's, nav defiantly has more interesting places. I'm fine with whatever map folks want to play, I play nav in SP.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

One of these days I want to play the Nav campaign just to see if it goes anywhere yet. Maybe I will with A15, after giving it a few weeks to cut the bugs.

A zombie definitely spawned inside a bathroom in the Shotgun Messiah west of my tiny island base: he may have been there the whole time I was there, but he was stuck up on the sink counter! -- that must have been where he spawned, as he was a standard minor z who can't climb anything. (Though he may have 'clipped up' so to speak.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Quote from: Flywheel on August 31, 2016, 08:24:19 AM
BE AWARE GUYS! At least one got in the base last night! I don't know where from and I was killed and sent back to my bag. So he's still there.

Jake got on this morning (unknown to me) and went down to the mine.  When he came up he said he heard something outside.  Went to the roof to look around, then went down to the chests to unload.  While unloading, something came up and killed him with one 1.  He respawned on my bedroll then logged out.  My health is down to 70, so one hit isn't a total surprise.

Sounds like there is a hole somewhere.   
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Guess I better watch out when I join, I'll spawn in front of the chests.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

Quote from: -budd- on August 31, 2016, 11:36:00 AM
There already in a lot of the buildings I search, in numbers up to 3, but usually just 1 or 2. know they spawned there as there was no opening before i broke in.

Yea nav map is small and no hub city or big cities at all, at least compared to the random cities. Random does need some new POI's, nav defiantly has more interesting places. I'm fine with whatever map folks want to play, I play nav in SP.

I see what you mean Budd. Yes, some POIs come with resident zeds. I'm talking about random spawning.

OJsDad

I was able to log on for a few minutes.  There were a number of breeches in the pillars again.  I replaced those and a couple of blocks above them.  Need to do more work.  Lots of spikes need to be replaced and repaired also.  I looked, it if I read it right, those pillars are 6000 points, but they seem to be chewing threw them.  I think if we hear them outside, we need to stop what we're doing and take care of them and not give them free reign to do damage. 

Oh, and Budd, the chest on the backside by the pillars for repairs is locked :)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

BTW Fly, thanks for the schematics.  I needed a few of them.

Also, I plan on expanding the garden more, especially the corn, so if you bring some more dirt, I'll put it to use.

Finally, I was up on the roof, and the corn was about half grown.  It used to be that if you took the top of the corn it would regrow.  But it seemed like the last map we had it wasn't working anymore.  So we may have to harvest it all and then replant.  If someone already did that, let me.  It's just not finished growing then.

Animal fat and bones are also always needed.  Animal fat so we can make talon for flaming arrows and biofuel.  Bones for glue so we can make repair kits and bandages.

And finally, if any one find calipers, we need them in the forge so we can make casings and bullet tips!!!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

As far as A15.  I'm kind of liking the random map with hub city, especially with 4 or 5 of us playing.  But I'm not opposed to trying the NAV map. 

I guess with either map, I figure we get to about day 200 and we're needing to reset, so it's not like we're not going to have opportunity to try both maps.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Duh , you know I always forget to unlock those damn chests :) did you find anything inside? The pillars I think are 3000 until u upgrade them once for 6000 and then steel for 8000 I believe. I want to finish the pillars and spikes tonight if I get the chance, you see where I upgraded the blocks above the pillars probably need to go 2 blocks above the pillars for the pile up. Still need more entrances and exits also, we going strictly underground or we going some platforms for aboveground access? Once the spikes are up will need platforms for above ground access or bridge to other buildings off the walkway u built. Also going to put out my spike bunches for being outside on the street during horde day, otherwise known as catch me if you can ;D. I don't suppose there was an armor schematic? To easy to get stunned in a grass skirt.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Flywheel

I don't know if you have got it yet, but I retrieved the minibike handbook from a drop earlier today. Will bring it along tomorrow in case it is wanted.
Hold my beer and watch this!

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Its just after 6am day 52(?).  I cleared a bunch of the blocks behind the pillars to get around.  I upgraded a lot of the pillars as I went, but not all. 

may not be on much over the next few days, just an FYI. 

If someone can find an auger blade that would be great. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.