Pride of Nations - New Patch

Started by bbmike, July 26, 2015, 07:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RedArgo

Sorry, I searched on PoN and didn't even notice that was Victoria 2.  It does work for V2 though, I knew I'd done it somewhere.  I never had any problems with PoN from Steam, now my memory is a different matter.  :)

Nefaro

That Victoria 2 cache folder was in the game's install location. 

As for PrON, I'd like to give it another shot sometime.  My biggest concern with the previous version were some notable bugs.

Tuna

BBMike posted a new patch for this on the Holiday Sale Matrix thread

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=50532&sid=f2586a6eae2630aa5cebd6576c59ddc5

Has anyone put any playing time into it? Can you install this from the 'base' GamersGate download, or will an update level be required prior to this one?

Anyone interested in starting up another GrogHeads MP game if the patch fixes a lot of the bugs?


OJsDad

QuoteBEFORE YOU BUY... Have you played other AGEOD games? Are you ok with the engine, it's not for everyone.

No, I don't think I have, but I'm willing to give it a try.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm in.  Now that they fixed the immortal Chechen hoarde bug, what could possibly go wrong?

Tuna

This mean you're Austria again? I could attempt France.. What would be an easy country for OJ's Dad if he decides to buy? Sent Nef a message to see if he was interested.

JasonPratt

Hm, I didn't have the schedule open to get in last time, but I might be able to this time!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Incidentally, long ago I got "Scramble for Africa" as my only DLC, because the Steam description read "research new units and technologies". I'm not sure how real that description is...? Possibly new units and techs were released as part of the overall campaign in the base game, along with this DLC, which otherwise just provides a unique starting date/situation if the DLC is used.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was Russia last time.  I think you kept trying to get into a fight with AI Austria in order to mess with UCG in Sardinia. I was busy chasing the undead armies of the Khan around the Aral Sea and getting my face kicked in by the Turks once the Crimean War started.

JasonPratt

Would we (or y'all) be playing with the play-any-nation mod?

If we can only play the majors (plus the two beta patch offerings), I call the Ottomans.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 25, 2016, 03:03:59 PM
I was Russia last time.  I think you kept trying to get into a fight with AI Austria in order to mess with UCG in Sardinia. I was busy chasing the undead armies of the Khan around the Aral Sea and getting my face kicked in by the Turks once the Crimean War started.

Ahh.. I was trying to mess with Austria to help UCG, or I didn't intend to cause him troubles. But the UK was on my Ass.. I do remember your battles with the re spawning hordes...

So far

Tuna = France
SDR = Russia
JP     = Ottomans (seem to remember them being a pain in my ass in North Africa last game)
Oj's Dad = ?
Nef (if he bites) = ?

FYI, this is a learning experience for all.. lol.. totally forgot everything I learned the first game, but hopefully will pick up bits and pieces quickly.

SDR do I need to get base game to a certain level before I do that patch? I'll be starting from GG download since I don't think I have it installed anywhere right now.



Nefaro

#26
Is the Steam version fully updated yet?

Is this recent patch not labeled as a "beta" update, like the previous ones?

I'm still rather wary about all the bugs and incorrect scripts that always screwed up multi-player games in the past.  But I'd be willing to give it another shot if this latest patch is supposed to be the squirrels' nuts. 



I don't exactly recall how to best handle PrON's economic side, especially since the world market's behavior has changed since my last play.  The international crisis mini-game was always a bit of a mystery, too.   But I learn this stuff quickly enough.  Trial by fire!


So.. are we doing the base game start (1850 iirc)?   

I suppose some of us need to play as Germany and Austria-Hungary in order to make this more interesting.  Now that France, Russia, and the Ottomans are filled. 

Therefore, I'll volunteer to be the meat in the whipping boy sandwich with either Germany or Austria-Hungary.  If someone else prefers one over the other then I'll take whichever,  Although I'd prefer Germany (if only for the few colonies to toy with) if nobody joins me in filling out central europe with one of those two.   I'd choose Britain or Japan, but the first is a lot of colonial micromanaging to start off with, and the second is a snore-fest for the first decade-plus of the default start. 

The USA is just way out on it's own, doing it's western hemisphere thing and pushing Spain's colonies around for a long time (plus civil war of course).  Not as snore-ish as Japan's start, but still isolated from the main action.

bbmike

Steam isn't but I think you can update without going through Steam. The current version is 1.04.3.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

#28
Quote from: Tuna

So far

Tuna = France
SDR = Russia
JP     = Ottomans (seem to remember them being a pain in my ass in North Africa last game)
Oj's Dad = ?
Nef (if he bites) = ?

FYI, this is a learning experience for all.. lol.. totally forgot everything I learned the first game, but hopefully will pick up bits and pieces quickly.

SDR do I need to get base game to a certain level before I do that patch? I'll be starting from GG download since I don't think I have it installed anywhere right now.

I'm not sure but it looks like you need to be patched up to 1.04 and then apply the 1.04.3 hot fix.

I'd be interested in playing Russia or the U.S. If we're starting at a later date than 1850, I'd also take Japan.

OJsDad

Don't have DL yet, but will tonight.

Nef, maybe you and I should take Germany and Austria, crush all of those little people around us :)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.