Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Thunder, lightening

And a jade wizard which is more trees and earth elemental - I haven't looked at magic yet as I'm still dwarfing

JudgeDredd

When I say I'm drowning - I should point out I've hardly touched it.

I fully expect to get more involved and more competent as the game progresses. But imo it's quite the turn from the standard TW games - at least in my wee heed
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

solops

I played  TW:W quite a bit until the first DLC (Animal People). I was pretty bored by then. I bought the expensive DLC animals and have not played since downloading it. I found Warhammer to be too easy and fast, especially the battles....even with some mods. I have zero interest in the purported "lore". And I detest the graphical style of the Empire. I would find the game more engaging if I did not have to look at all of those Victorian era sideburns and mustaches. A straight Men-Elves-orcs-dwarves  game that could be seriously modded (MAPS!) would be more engaging. As it stands, I don't know when or if I will play it again. The whole thing is a vast disappointment to me so far. I wish it were a big fantasy Total War sandbox, but its not. Not even close. It did drive me back to Attila, which I like more than ever.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Nefaro

My major complaint has been it not having many of the factions included. 

I know there are quite a few (if you're familiar with Blood Bowl then you'll understand) and each takes a lot more work to add since they often need all new models, animations, etc.  But when it was released with only four, plus one in DLC, I knew it'd be awhile until they got it filled out. 

Have still enjoyed it, especially since it's a bigger change than in usual TW leaps, but still waiting on some of my favorites to be added to the campaign.   :dreamer:

undercovergeek

Quote from: solops on December 23, 2016, 08:41:47 AM
I played  TW:W quite a bit until the first DLC (Animal People). I was pretty bored by then. I bought the expensive DLC animals and have not played since downloading it. I found Warhammer to be too easy and fast, especially the battles....even with some mods. I have zero interest in the purported "lore". And I detest the graphical style of the Empire. I would find the game more engaging if I did not have to look at all of those Victorian era sideburns and mustaches. A straight Men-Elves-orcs-dwarves  game that could be seriously modded (MAPS!) would be more engaging. As it stands, I don't know when or if I will play it again. The whole thing is a vast disappointment to me so far. I wish it were a big fantasy Total War sandbox, but its not. Not even close. It did drive me back to Attila, which I like more than ever.

Animal people? You're really getting into the spirit of the game ay?

Freyland

Quote from: solops on December 23, 2016, 08:41:47 AM
I played  TW:W quite a bit until the first DLC (Animal People). I was pretty bored by then. I bought the expensive DLC animals and have not played since downloading it. I found Warhammer to be too easy and fast, especially the battles....even with some mods. I have zero interest in the purported "lore". And I detest the graphical style of the Empire. I would find the game more engaging if I did not have to look at all of those Victorian era sideburns and mustaches. A straight Men-Elves-orcs-dwarves  game that could be seriously modded (MAPS!) would be more engaging. As it stands, I don't know when or if I will play it again. The whole thing is a vast disappointment to me so far. I wish it were a big fantasy Total War sandbox, but its not. Not even close. It did drive me back to Attila, which I like more than ever.

I haven't played Rome 2 or Attila; could you elaborate what you like about it so much?  Trying to decide if I should just stick with TWW or not.

Gusington

Both Rome 2 and Attila, once patched up, have some great factions, decent AI (campaign and battle), some good mini campaigns, great units and mod expandability.

No animal people though.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MC

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2016, 03:26:10 PM
Both Rome 2 and Attila, once patched up, have some great factions, decent AI (campaign and battle), some good mini campaigns, great units and mod expandability.

No animal people though.

Hmmmm...      I thought some people may have referred to Attila as an "animal"?

Gusington

Some yes. Now that it is all patched up I really should try to play as the Huns again...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Freyland

Why the serious f$&! does my game never look as good as everyone's screenshots!? Really annoyed about this. :Grinch:

Gusington

That's a particularly delicious screen shot, don't fret.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Dems da Boyz all right. Don't see the town though. Must be hidden behind the Death Horses. Very cool.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 26, 2016, 11:43:06 PM
Dems da Boyz all right. Don't see the town though. Must be hidden behind the Death Horses. Very cool.

They're facing it.

Bastard dwarfs were being a pain in my bony neck.  So I decided to erase the place.  Leaving nothing but open space. 

Ho ho ho.  Now I have a machinegun.