FRIDAYS on flame now...with Rock n Roll

Started by MetalDog, April 07, 2017, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




Got a lot going on.  Visits to my GF will sandwich the weekend.  The lawn needs mowed and D&D needs more story for the next play session.  Plus, I am working on a new Bracket Challenge for music that I hope to post Sunday.

As for games, there will be Civ!  I have a campaign started as the H.R.E.  I share an island with Frederick the Great's Germany.  Well, I used to.  I've wiped him off the map you see.  Byzantium is island creeping towards me.  Now I have to build a navy.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Thinking about firing up Stellaris with its recent large patch/upgrade....holding off on the new DLC until the dust clears and the inevitable patches come out.

JasonPratt

In my PBEM of Decisive Campaigns: Blitz vs Barth, I'm sure I'll be trying to put his attempts at this out to pot...

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I've been fortunate and have acquired a nice batch of (new to me) games lately, pretty unexpectedly. Lichdom: Battlemage, Dying Light, Men of War: Assault Squad 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Before I had haphazardly acquired all of these I was originally planning to start a new Medieval 2: Total War campaign using Stainless Steel 3 and jump back in to The Witcher...but now I don't know. Also tracking the eventual release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Vampyr.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

#6
A bit overwhelmed with gaming now...

Unquestionably, there will be a lot of Steel Division, probably some Stellaris, testing out the new Utopia DLC, IL-2 1946 B.A.T. mod missions, mostly in the Jet Age, Star Citizen, testing the new PTU version 2.6.3 and testing out my newest ship, a DRAKE Herald...and finally some ARMA 3 and GR: Widlands to round out the weekend.

Some of this may be cut short if the weather is nice. I picked up the new DJI Mavic Pro drone that I've been really looking forward to testing. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

Tabletop gaming tomorrow. Battle of Atlanta with minis. I'm playing Confederate.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

-budd-

No damn idea yet, besides getting my CSME pbem turn out. I'm feeling the pull of Steel Division, might pull the trigger. Taking a break from EA title PAMELA, seen most of the stuff, going to wait for some more to be added. Played a little Gremlins INC. lately and its cutthroat gameplay, theme and music are really well done.If the weather is halfway decent it will be yard work, also have some work on my daughter's and my bike, spring tune up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jamus34

Another weekend of a ton of sheet going on so gaming will be limited.

Looking to start another round of EU4 Scottish conquest as long as pdox won't break my damn save.
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJs Dad.... still getting stomped by Germans.  :P
PBEM DC1 with Jason... I need to write up turn 2 and play turn 3... trying to close some pockets.  >:D

Sorry for the delay on those guys I got distracted by shiny!  :D

Steel Division! Played against very easy AI and won. This level let me get some practice with the controls and flow of the game so next one will be at Easy level.

Need to update my "diary" for the Jena campaign that Cyrano is running. Interesting things are happening.  :knuppel2:

Paint and mount my new bird houses.

Sir Slash

Another busy weekend as usual will limit my gaming... Dammit! But I got Alea Jacta Est on my mind again and I can rip-off a couple of turns in that game when it gets quiet easily enough so, that's my 'go-to'. Also still piddling with Pillars of Eternity's quests that I haven't finished just to see how they come out.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on April 07, 2017, 10:26:53 AM
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJs Dad.... still getting stomped by Germans.  :P
PBEM DC1 with Jason... I need to write up turn 2 and play turn 3... trying to close some pockets.  >:D

Sorry for the delay on those guys I got distracted by shiny!  :D

Heck, I still haven't posted up my 0th and 1st AAR entries. (They're done, I just want to make sure I have permission to use a reference first.) I've started work on Turn 2's AAR last night. So even if I don't get another turn played, I mean to catch up on producing the AARs this weekend. Ideally get them posted up through Turn 3.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 07, 2017, 07:36:33 AM



If you ever feel dressing in feathers is err... feminine, look no further. Winged Hussars, the official bad@ss shock troops of all times  :knuppel2:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus