Main Menu

Hey Flight Simmers...

Started by Jarhead0331, March 30, 2017, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 27, 2017, 01:25:56 PM
Yeah, the Harrier was an instant buy for me.
An early edition of the pocket guide is also available so you can start getting familiar with her: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193603

Jarhead, just take it easy. While real fighter pilots need to cram all the info into their head and perform up to a high standard in mere weeks, you as a gamer have the luxury of taking it all in at your own pace. Just keep the pace high enough to not get bored, but slow enough to avoid burnout.
The deep dive into combat flightsims is super rewarding!

The crazy thing is, I've been there. Decades ago I mastered Falcon 3.0. Then I mastered Falcon 4.0. I even got very proficient more recently with some of the DCS modules, such as with the A10c and the Blackshark. Its only very recently that my concentration, attention and patience has made it very difficult to learn and stick with these complex products.

Your point is definitely appreciated though. Slow and steady wins the race.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 27, 2017, 10:46:52 AM
...and now the AV8B Harrier by Razbam is up for pre-purchase...Damn, just damn. Early access expected for late November.
SAY WHAT?  :pullhair:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 27, 2017, 01:32:17 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on October 27, 2017, 01:25:56 PM
Yeah, the Harrier was an instant buy for me.
An early edition of the pocket guide is also available so you can start getting familiar with her: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193603

Jarhead, just take it easy. While real fighter pilots need to cram all the info into their head and perform up to a high standard in mere weeks, you as a gamer have the luxury of taking it all in at your own pace. Just keep the pace high enough to not get bored, but slow enough to avoid burnout.
The deep dive into combat flightsims is super rewarding!

The crazy thing is, I've been there. Decades ago I mastered Falcon 3.0. Then I mastered Falcon 4.0. I even got very proficient more recently with some of the DCS modules, such as with the A10c and the Blackshark. Its only very recently that my concentration, attention and patience has made it very difficult to learn and stick with these complex products.

Your point is definitely appreciated though. Slow and steady wins the race.
My memory is pretty poor now. Very little capacity  :'( So ANY time away from a game results in re-learning. Not a good situation for person who's addicted to buying games (board and computer)  :hide:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

#93
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 27, 2017, 01:47:32 PM

My memory is pretty poor now. Very little capacity  :'( So ANY time away from a game results in re-learning. Not a good situation for person who's addicted to buying games (board and computer)  :hide:


Fortunately my memory hasn't gone down the shitter too much.  Yet.  Although I think some of the old content may have gone into the recycle bin awhile back, to make room for more.

The issue I have is concentration.  I have a LOT of rules, manuals, guides, etc. left to read.  In the past, I could read at a good clip and still soak most of it up.  For some reason, I've been getting distracted every few paragraphs.  As if I'll remember something from the past, or be reminded of something that makes the analytical gears kick in, and my thoughts will just wander off.  Gotta snap out of it, go back and find where I left off reading.

Takes a lot longer to get through rules manuals nowadays.

Probably just early signs of Alzheimers.   :idiot2:

Toonces

Maybe if I can figure out the Hornet we can do some MP BFM, or at least some form flights.

Shit, JH, you make me want to dust of the Obutto and HOTAS.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Very comfortable with cold start, taxi, basic flight. basic navigation and landing. The plane is a dream to fly. It practically flies itself.

I'm going to continue practicing with cold start and basic navigation through the week until I feel confident that its really set in my memory. Then I'll move on to some more advanced flight concepts. I'm going to skip advanced handling (ie. Night/badweather ILS, in-flight refueling) for now and maybe move right to A/G weapons employment to keep it exciting.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Yskonyn

Yeah definately. Keep that advanced stuff for when you're comfortable in the aircraft.  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

PanzersEast

I totally missed this....

I have just loaded up the Balkans Campaign. 

Also, found a good site for have to have mods....

https://www.falcon-lounge.com/falcon-bms-essentials/guides/recommended-mods/

PanzersEast

A little SEAD action tonight...... Launched close to max range and then turn and burn.




Yskonyn

You nailed him, cool!  :clap:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Stryker07

I bought Falcon 4.0 (again) on a recent GoG sale with the intent of getting BMS up and running. After months I finally got it done, and it's amazing. However, finding the time to learn how everything works is going to be tough. Figure if I can learn how to fly/navigate/fight the F/A-18 series I'll be happy with that. I've had enough flying sim F-16s for two lifetimes I think.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
GG's War in the West
Panzer Corps
____________________
Beta Tester

Jarhead0331

All the avionics in the BMS mod are for the falcon, regardless of aircraft. The pits are different, but the systems, radar, sensors, etc. are all identical to the falcon.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Stryker07

ahhh ok, well that does make sense. I think I am going to do the standard you tube tutorial on phone/game on monitor training regime. LoL, guess it's going to be DCS if I want a modern full on F/A-18 sim isn't it?!?
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
GG's War in the West
Panzer Corps
____________________
Beta Tester

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Stryker07 on April 08, 2018, 04:36:49 PM
ahhh ok, well that does make sense. I think I am going to do the standard you tube tutorial on phone/game on monitor training regime. LoL, guess it's going to be DCS if I want a modern full on F/A-18 sim isn't it?!?

Yes...unless you get Janes F18 running and install the supermod.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Staggerwing

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 08, 2018, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Stryker07 on April 08, 2018, 04:36:49 PM
ahhh ok, well that does make sense. I think I am going to do the standard you tube tutorial on phone/game on monitor training regime. LoL, guess it's going to be DCS if I want a modern full on F/A-18 sim isn't it?!?

Yes...unless you get Janes F18 running and install the supermod.


Don't forget about Falcon 3.0's Hornet Naval Strike Fighter:



O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys