Call of Duty WW2 Free open beta this weekend on Steam.

Started by AchillesLastStand, September 26, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AchillesLastStand

I know the series catches flak{no pun intended} for being the same old same old, but this is supposed to be a return to the series roots
http://store.steampowered.com/app/696790/Call_of_Duty_WWII__PC_Open_Beta/

sandman2575

a return to roots, eh?  in other words, the same old same old.

(kidding -- couldn't resist.)


JudgeDredd

Not interested in MP...so I'll pass. But thanks for the heads up  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Destraex

If its only for two days then its not worth the no doubt huge download.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

I don't care about the multi player beta, but will certainly purchase the full thing:)  WWII never gets old for me:)

Granfantry

I'm still going to try it out even though I haven't played since Black Ops

Grim.Reaper

Geesh, I do suck at multiplayer....beta out early, I die almost instantly....hoping single player I do better:)

AchillesLastStand

May try and play a bit later before bed, noticed it has gotten horrible ratings on Steam so far.

Destraex

Played it and was not a fan. But then I don't like twitch shooters anymore.
I felt like guns were using auto aim. By this I mean the hit boxes are huge. Maps tiny as expected. Everybody carries sniper rifles whenever they want.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JudgeDredd

I just saw a new trailer for this where a bomber (I couldn't identify it - looked like a Stirling or something) was flying over the battlefield and the gun turret (seemed like a ball turret) was firing down at the streets.  :hide: :pullhair: #:-) :uglystupid2: ::)



I know - I shouldn't be looking for historical accuracy. It's not so much about that (for all I know that actually may have happened). It's the fact they thought it was OK to grab a superb mission from Call of Duty Modern Warfare and shoehorn it into a WWII game.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jamus34

Yeah I lost interest in the COD twitch shooter a long time ago. Even the battlefield series is a washed down version of this anymore where barely lip service is paid to historical accuracy. If I want to play a shooter then I'd probably go ARMA nowadays but I suck horribly at it. 
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on September 26, 2017, 02:08:33 PM
a return to roots, eh?  in other words, the same old same old.

(kidding -- couldn't resist.)

  Well....you have a point there.  If the same old, same old happens no matter what, then returning to the roots is sort of like multiplying  same old same old by same old same old to get a lot of the same old same old.

MengJiao

Quote from: jamus34 on November 01, 2017, 04:27:39 AM
Yeah I lost interest in the COD twitch shooter a long time ago. Even the battlefield series is a washed down version of this anymore where barely lip service is paid to historical accuracy. If I want to play a shooter then I'd probably go ARMA nowadays but I suck horribly at it.


Arma is always an interesting experience.  For dopey WWII multiplayer I play Heroes and Generals -- which fills the generic niche for me and can have its comic moments and even some excitement when one of my schemes (on the level of -- is there a new way to kill that guy who is always hiding behind that shed by the bridge?) actually works or I find my little tanky thing just where I left it or I motorcycle around wreaking havoc for a few minutes or something.

Jarhead0331

I've tried to find some justication to spend $60 on this and I've come up empty handed. All videos I have seen of the gameplay look utterly boring.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Destraex

It is fun for a bit from a nostalgic perspective.
But yeah, not worth spending the economies hard earned old wealth stored up worthless electronic money on it.
I have been thinking that money that people earn needs to have a half life if saved, it depreciates as soon do the work and exchange your goods or labour for it. OK maybe that won't work.
What am I doing posting that here!!! Well because this game makes me think of the meaningless exchanges we make that do not reflect actual work. All they have done with this game is put some window dressing on old product. OK OK capitalism will sort it out. Vote with your feet people. Unless you have so much money that you can reward everything. blah blah blah... the ravings of a madman. Sheez I need to eat before I go insane. Just got home. Exhausted.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"