Allow Me To Restore...

Started by LongBlade, September 05, 2012, 09:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

besilarius

Well, on your next state visit to Canada, probably to discuss tariff duties on the Groghead Cafe sales, merely ask our Canadian members to fix it up.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.  Just a small token of their appreciation and gratitude.  (Up there with the French World War I war debt.)
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Barthheart

Quote from: besilarius on September 06, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Well, on your next state visit to Canada, probably to discuss tariff duties on the Groghead Cafe sales, merely ask our Canadian members to fix it up.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.  Just a small token of their appreciation and gratitude.  (Up there with the French World War I war debt.)

Sure... let me knkow when yer coming. I live around the corner from RCMP National HQ. I'll just able over with a beer and chat them up.  8)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 06, 2012, 08:23:06 AM
Canada has lumberjacks. They don't need Marines.

And with that, this thread is sufficiently derailed :)
(as all threads with the mention of Justin Bieber should be)


Centurion40

Quote from: besilarius on September 06, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Well, on your next state visit to Canada, probably to discuss tariff duties on the Groghead Cafe sales, merely ask our Canadian members to fix it up.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.  Just a small token of their appreciation and gratitude.  (Up there with the French World War I war debt.)

Free trade, my ass!  >:(
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

#19
Quote from: LongBlade on September 06, 2012, 08:13:38 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on September 06, 2012, 07:46:00 AM
There is no Marine Corps in Canada.  There are no amphibious assault ships.  The Royal Canadian Navy has no infantry.  There are no overseas, littoral territories to protect.

Interesting. I just figured anyone with a Navy would have Marines. Clearly I was mistaken.

AFAIK, there have been no Marines in Canada since the Royal Navy officially pulled-up stakes and took the Royal Marines with them.

Regular infantry and special forces troops train in amphibious landings.  They also both train in parachuting, as we no longer have a parachute regiment either (due to political correctness).  :-[

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,23675.0.html?PHPSESSID=u51s2ak96kkfck7vt803b2sk92
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
Sad that this kind of behaviour is now considered unusual enough that it requires reporting.
I doubt it's unusual at all.  It just doesn't get reported as often as the more horrific stuff (bad news seems to make for better ratings)... 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Agreed. Murder and mayhem make the news. Good guys don't.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

junk2drive

I don't know if the Canuks have desert commandos to protect all the snowbirds here in Arizona but their Air Force uses our airport for training. We get a little air show when they are here. Maybe it is really spying...

Silent Disapproval Robot

They aren't spying.  They're just looking down for all the bits that keep falling off the decrepit air jalopies we call an air force.

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.

purely a spurious corellation I am certain .... but you do raise my curiousity ...

how do you know Beiber is having a concert on that date huh???? huh huh huh????
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.