The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acctingman

They're going to DLC the hell out of this aren't they?

Barthheart


Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 12, 2018, 02:18:20 PM
Did they fix the issue with the game map moving around randomly if there is a joystick or throttle plugged in to the PC?

No, this has not been fixed. My 3D Connexion controller has the same effect....  :P

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

I will have it as soon as I get home.

It has live MP and I'll never hear the end of it if I don't.

From Vance if from no one else.

Now, about that live MP for FoG2 and Sanctus Reach...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart


IronX

My initial impressions: it's an average game, rather simplistic (eg, there is no ammo count) and while I imagine it's in keeping with the board game, this is not necessarily a good thing for those who have not played it (like me).

The interface takes up way too much screen real estate. Generally, the screen appears too cluttered - the scenic background doesn't help either. Some messages come and go from out of no where and too quickly. The "joystick" input is quirky and could probably have been implemented better. The sound is terrible. There is no ultra-wide screen support. A more detailed scenario completion screen - such as damage to each aircraft and pilot losses - would be nice.

I do like the action, but would have liked greater control over the aircraft, such as being able to perform classic maneuvers (eg Immelmann). While this may be built into the game, it's certainly not clear that my aircraft are performing these types of maneuvers. I assume this is not a feature of the original board game. The aircraft models look fine to me, but a banking aircraft would look better if it was indeed banking. I guess this is in keeping with the board game. Not having a skirmish mode, or an editor, which has already been talked about, is somewhat disappointing, although there does appear to be a good assortment of scenarios.

I should think the more I play, the more some of the game's quirks will grow on me. But it has yet to knock my socks off.

mirth

There is no ammo count in the TT game. You can go out of ammo based on die rolls, but you do not otherwise track ammo expenditure.

The TT game does allow peforming an Immelman or Split-S. Those are key maneuvers in the TT game, so I would imagine they are in the PC game somewhere. You have to specifically plot them in the TT game, so they shouldn't just happen. If they're missing from the PC port, it is a huge change from the TT game.

I haven't been impressed with the screenshots I've seen of the interface. The "joystick" input seems entirely unnecessary and not in keeping with the flavor of the TT game.

I'm holding off on this for now. I haven't loved what I've seen in the videos or screenshots. I've played the TT game dozens, if not hundreds, of times and absolutely love it. So far, the PC port seems like a mediocre adaptation of a truly great game.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Quote from: mirth on March 15, 2018, 01:20:49 PM
There is no ammo count in the TT game. You can go out of ammo based on die rolls, but you do not otherwise track ammo expenditure.

The TT game does allow peforming an Immelman or Split-S. Those are key maneuvers in the TT game, so I would imagine they are in the PC game somewhere. You have to specifically plot them in the TT game, so they shouldn't just happen. If they're missing from the PC port, it is a huge change from the TT game.

I haven't been impressed with the screenshots I've seen of the interface. The "joystick" input seems entirely unnecessary and not in keeping with the flavor of the TT game.

I'm holding off on this for now. I haven't loved what I've seen in the videos or screenshots. I've played the TT game dozens, if not hundreds, of times and absolutely love it. So far, the PC port seems like a mediocre adaptation of a truly great game.

+1

Tried the beta for a week or so and just didn't even care to help test.../shame  :-[

bbmike

I'm also going to wait. Besides, I have Surviving Mars to try.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

You can if fact do Immelmans and Split-S maneuvers.

"Joystick" thing is clunky.

Agree that being to shrink the UI would be a great option.

Need more play time though....

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on March 15, 2018, 11:41:31 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 12, 2018, 02:18:20 PM
Did they fix the issue with the game map moving around randomly if there is a joystick or throttle plugged in to the PC?

No, this has not been fixed. My 3D Connexion controller has the same effect....  :P

Thanks.  Guess I won't be buying.

jomni

I unplug my flight controllers when not I use.  Is it hard to do for you guys?

Barthheart