The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Just played an MP game with Cyrano.  :bd:

And that's not just because I kicked his ass....  :)

Fast playing. Fun. Beer and pretzels.

Really need to read the rules however to make better choices.

MP can have up to 4 players per side!  :D  \m/

Cyrano

We were British and didn't want to offend the delicate sensibilities of our Hun visitors.

It's probably over-priced for the average buyer at $30, but I dig it and will play again.

The prospect of an eight-player furball...well...loins moist...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on March 15, 2018, 06:01:48 PM
I unplug my flight controllers when not I use.  Is it hard to do for you guys?

I have a set of 3 USB controllers I use for flight sims:  a stick, a throttlle, and rudder pedals.  Plus TrackIR, but that doesn't register as a HOTAS type.

When I unplug even one of them, and later plug it back in, it screws up my DCS keybinds and shifts the inputs between each one.  Completely screws up all 3 columns of each aircraft's keybinds so I have to go back and reload all my backup saves (wastes a chunk of time).

Can't recall, but IL-2 and/or ROF keybinds may have had this happen before too.  Haven't done those much lately though.

DCS (and others?) obviously detects and register the USB controllers by the order in which Windows detected them being plugged in, every time the program starts up.  So unplugging the #1 controller, and plugging it back in would then rotate it to the #3 controller spot, but the keybinds in the program(s) are still listed in the same order.

Not sure if having my controllers plugged in while playing CY6 on keyboard & mouse does anything awry, as I've not played it.  However, a few games will register a constant directional input from one, or more, of my flight sim controllers and make a cursor or selection bar constantly go in one direction. 

For example, when I played the Numenera RPG, the selection highlight bar would be constantly scrolling up in every menu.  Obviously it was meant to support an console-style controller and would misread my HOTAS setup as that (and constantly giving input).  Was annoying as hell.

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2018, 11:09:35 PM
When I unplug even one of them, and later plug it back in, it screws up my DCS keybinds and shifts the inputs between each one.  Completely screws up all 3 columns of each aircraft's keybinds so I have to go back and reload all my backup saves (wastes a chunk of time).

Sounds like DCS needs to fix it's games.  :crazy2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Yskonyn

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2018, 11:09:35 PM
Quote from: jomni on March 15, 2018, 06:01:48 PM
I unplug my flight controllers when not I use.  Is it hard to do for you guys?

I have a set of 3 USB controllers I use for flight sims:  a stick, a throttlle, and rudder pedals.  Plus TrackIR, but that doesn't register as a HOTAS type.

When I unplug even one of them, and later plug it back in, it screws up my DCS keybinds and shifts the inputs between each one.  Completely screws up all 3 columns of each aircraft's keybinds so I have to go back and reload all my backup saves (wastes a chunk of time).

Can't recall, but IL-2 and/or ROF keybinds may have had this happen before too.  Haven't done those much lately though.

DCS (and others?) obviously detects and register the USB controllers by the order in which Windows detected them being plugged in, every time the program starts up.  So unplugging the #1 controller, and plugging it back in would then rotate it to the #3 controller spot, but the keybinds in the program(s) are still listed in the same order.

Not sure if having my controllers plugged in while playing CY6 on keyboard & mouse does anything awry, as I've not played it.  However, a few games will register a constant directional input from one, or more, of my flight sim controllers and make a cursor or selection bar constantly go in one direction. 

For example, when I played the Numenera RPG, the selection highlight bar would be constantly scrolling up in every menu.  Obviously it was meant to support an console-style controller and would misread my HOTAS setup as that (and constantly giving input).  Was annoying as hell.

Regarding DCS, I don't think it works this way anymore.
You can safely unplug and replug your devices nowadays, the only thing that can screw with your bindings is if you plug the one device into a different USB port than it was in when you made the assignments in DCS.
So AFAIK you're safe to unplug these days, however I am squarely with you on the 'waste of time' issue. I should not have to unplug any stuff I use regularly, just so some game behaves.
It's the reason Trackmania Turbo never saw more than a few minutes of 'play' time on my machine.
I have little tolerance for lazy coding like this.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

It's not even clear that a skirmish mode will be added:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/715800/discussions/0/2949168661149113781/


QuoteSlitherine_Iain  [developer] 6 hours ago
I think there's a misunderstanding on Skirmish mode. This isn't something that is planned. can you let me know where I said this as it must have been some mistake


Quoteemmanuel [has Check Your 6!] 5 hours ago

    Originally posted by Slitherine_Iain:
    I think there's a misunderstanding on Skirmish mode. This isn't something that is planned. can you let me know where I said this as it must have been some mistake.


Another dev said this here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/715800/discussions/0/1700542332319427385/


grey [développeur] Il y a 17 heures
Hi everyone :)

Dev here - we have the Skirmish mode in the devtest, but it still requires some improvements, so while we keep working on making it available for all of you, let us know what else we might improve in the game overall.



QuoteSlitherine_Iain  [developer] 5 hours ago
Oh ok that's news to us....!



Quotegrey  [developer] 4 hours ago
Yeah, I should probably explain - we have a skirmish mode in devtest, but it's not complete - as mentioned above it requires some real improvements and it's not yet approved to be released. Sorry if my comment misled you.


So the publisher doesn't even know that a skirmish mode is being worked on by the devs?  :idiot2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Dunno.

I seem to recall unplugging my throttle last year, for some other reason, and after plugging it back in, to the same USB, the controller order was messed up, again, in DCS.  Forcing me to first delete, then reload, approximately 30 keybind backup files (~10 aircraft x3 devices).

Could've involved a computer restart in between the in & out, however. 

Maybe it's changed in 2.5, I dunno.  After that last time, I'm not in a hurry to poke the tiger and try to waste more time redoing that stuff again for the fourth or fifth time.

Father Ted

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2018, 11:09:35 PM
However, a few games will register a constant directional input from one, or more, of my flight sim controllers and make a cursor or selection bar constantly go in one direction. 

For example, when I played the Numenera RPG, the selection highlight bar would be constantly scrolling up in every menu.  Obviously it was meant to support an console-style controller and would misread my HOTAS setup as that (and constantly giving input).  Was annoying as hell.

I have exactly this issue (and the can't-unplug-controller one).  In fact I've stopped buying games which have full controller support as a feature.  I only noticed it as an issue when I upgraded to a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H mobo - but that  could just be a coincidence.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I have the same issue as well but with Elite and War Thunder.  They'll remember my key mapping if I plug the devices into the same USB ports I removed them from but if I get them wrong, it's remap time.  As my Desktop case is jammed back in a corner under the desk with a tangle of wires, it's a hassle to crawl around and fiddle with them.  I've got more games on my PC than I'll ever get around to playing.  Not going to buy one that I know I won't touch if I've got to crawl around on the floor to play (I save that for miniatures).

I tried a few USB hubs.  Got voltage warnings both times and my TrackIR got fried so I won't be doing that again.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 16, 2018, 12:03:57 PM

I tried a few USB hubs.  Got voltage warnings both times and my TrackIR got fried so I won't be doing that again.

Oh noes!

I would've warned you against that, had I known you were going to try plugging that stuff into a USB hub.    :hide:

Cyrano

I know not of these USB and flight yoke problems, having sworn off them since my days of obsessing over NASCAR 2003, but the game's use of the (in-game graphic) flight yoke to control movement I could really do without...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

IronX

Now I'm suddenly getting this weird free-tour-of-the-map-without-user-input thing.

I blame Putin and his winged-monkeys for this nefarious interfering with my game.

demjansk1942

I should have bought through Steam.  Could have received a refund

IronX

I considered doing just that, but decided to stick with it. I found it was my rudder pedals that caused the cursor drift, so unplugging them is a temporary solution. There are, however, many other things about the game that irk me. But I aim to push on and conquer the beast.

Zulu1966

Quote from: IronX on March 16, 2018, 06:17:56 PM
I considered doing just that, but decided to stick with it. I found it was my rudder pedals that caused the cursor drift, so unplugging them is a temporary solution. There are, however, many other things about the game that irk me. But I aim to push on and conquer the beast.

I am thoroughly confused as to what game is actually being discussed in this thread now...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.