Main Menu

God of FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, July 27, 2018, 05:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




Going to be a Civilization IV weekend again.  Got a Huge Monarch game going.  I am Stalin and and getting ready to come out of the Dark Ages and show my true strength.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

#1
No Man's Sky (its much improved, but still a grind), Steel Fury 1942 wi5 STA mod, IL-2, in the air and in tanks, and maybe some ARMA 3? Maybe Gost Recon Wildlands to try out 5e new SF2 patch?  Regardless, Sounds like a lot of simming going down.

Really wish CMSF2 would hurry up and come out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Tuna

#2
Ugh, you know my feelings about Kiss  :pullhair:. I used to respect your musical tastes MD!

Will try and continue my Mercia Attila campaign but playing time may be limited.

Buddy Guy concert tonight, then my stepson and his wife are coming home so we can host a baby shower for them Sunday. Tuna will become a grandpa soon, maybe after that I'll get to post in the Monday retirement threads... Although, I've only seen one of those, did all our retiree's pass away? Or do they just forget to post on Monday's cause they're old?

HoodedHorseJoe

I've been playing a bit of Xenonauts since I backed the second game on Kickstarter, hoping to dabble again tonight while my wife's out with some friends.

Then Sat-Sun it's mainly table-top wargaming: Playing War of the Ring primarily, but I've also got as back ups LEADERS, Triplanetary (2018 Edition) and the 2GM tactical card/war game.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

mirth

Minis gaming tomorrow: Franco-Prussian War.

Think I'm going to get back into Red Dead Redemption and try to finish it before Red Dead 2 comes out :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Quote from: mirth on July 27, 2018, 06:10:29 AM
Minis gaming tomorrow: Franco-Prussian War.

Think I'm going to get back into Red Dead Redemption and try to finish it before Red Dead 2 comes out :P

Red Dead still console only?

Barthheart

Gonna have to boot up No Man's Sky to see the new changes/additions in action.

Need to get back to BattleTech.

New Kriegspiel is a go. So back in the saddle for that.

Got Seal Team Flix on the table. Trying to beat the second mission in the campagin.... very difficult even at Rookie level....  :pullhair:

Fancy new car jacking system needs to be tested out this weekend too. Need to make sure it works on all 3 of our vehicles. Still can't believe my wife let me buy it....  :smitten:



Dammit Carl!

Recently, I've wandered away from my usual haunts of Red Orchesra/Rising Storm and have instead moved to the areas of the "battle royale," / "zombie survival," styled games of PUBG, H1Z1, and Just Survive.  In addition to those that are loaded up, I've got the ability to DL DayZ and Miscreated, but may hold off on those two until I get a little more time in with the three I've bolded up.

I didn't buy them all at once - they were all gotten on sale at some point but like a lot of others, they've sat unloved in my Games box on Steam for a while.

It's kinda cool to see their shared traits/heritage from ARMA via their inventory system, key binds and so on.  Gameplay is certainly different, though.

So, off to get my ass handed to me in PUBG / H1Z1!


JasonPratt

Quote from: Tuna on July 27, 2018, 06:27:53 AM
Red Dead still console only?

Sadly, yes. I've seen some previous console-only titles cross over recently, but no news yet on RDR.

(Fortunately I've got a PS3 so I've played it to completion, including the alternate-campaign-finale zombie DLC, which is a much more satisfying ending than vanilla, and I like to let the nieces clop around on the horses -- although I had to stop that when they were showing off to their parents and found a man whose wife had died from bandits and then he shot himself.  :o :hide: Uh, whoops. I TOLD THEM not to stop or even slow down much...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

eh...maybe I'll load up Steel Division again, and perhaps some Endless Space 2.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I'm slowly burning out on fantasy games for now like TW: Warhammer and Tyranny, and am in a steampunk mood, so I am sneaking and stabbing my way through Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. May also go back to Arcanum, and maybe even some Fallout 4 - which reminds me a lot of dieselpunk. Beyond that I just bought Sniper Elite 4 and Vietnam '65...they wait in the wings.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2018, 09:44:02 AM
I'm slowly burning out on fantasy games for now like TW: Warhammer and Tyranny, and am in a steampunk mood, so I am sneaking and stabbing my way through Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. May also go back to Arcanum, and maybe even some Fallout 4 - which reminds me a lot of dieselpunk. Beyond that I just bought Sniper Elite 4 and Vietnam '65...they wait in the wings.

Arcanum...brings back some good old gaming memories, one of the few rpg's I actually finished.  Otherwise...MD, I've liked most of your prior song choices, but KISS....one of the most over-rated bands in rock history. Just my opinion.  ;)  Not sure about gaming this weekend. Prior posts in this thread about Endless Space 2 had me thinking of firing it up again.

Gusington

Can't go wrong with Endless Space 2...literally 1000s of hours of game there.

What's with all the Kiss hate? I am not real fan but I like a few of their tracks.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2018, 12:11:35 PM
Can't go wrong with Endless Space 2...literally 1000s of hours of game there.

What's with all the Kiss hate? I am not real fan but I like a few of their tracks.

You nailed it...for a band around as long as they were they had a few good songs and a boat full of crap.  Hey, it's all subjective. Lots of people love them.  I don't.