Main Menu

God of FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, July 27, 2018, 05:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

We just had a thunderstorm and torrential rain and so the sky is still too cloudy to see the eclipse. Very humid though, but we did need the rain.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 27, 2018, 05:37:47 AM


Really wish CMSF2 would hurry up and come out.

With the delay in the web site, seems sadly it won't be released by the end of July like Battlefront indicated....they haven't even started to take pre orders which they always seem to have available many weeks prior to release.  Hoping this is the first time thy just skip the pre orders and still release it by end of July.....we need them just to hit one date they say!

MetalDog

Is this better, Tuna?






;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I had a 'Kiss' lunchbox. Unfortunately we were so poor that I could only afford it or food to put in it so..... :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on July 27, 2018, 09:41:50 PM
Is this better, Tuna?






;)

LOL, you really know what I HATE!  :crazy2:

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on July 27, 2018, 10:38:23 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 27, 2018, 09:41:50 PM
Is this better, Tuna?






;)

LOL, you really know what I HATE!  :crazy2:


Even 'virtuosos' can make a stinker.  So cut a makeup clad dude a break ;)


Now for something we can both agree on


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on July 28, 2018, 12:11:42 AM
Quote from: Tuna on July 27, 2018, 10:38:23 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 27, 2018, 09:41:50 PM
Is this better, Tuna?

;)

LOL, you really know what I HATE!  :crazy2:


Even 'virtuosos' can make a stinker.  So cut a makeup clad dude a break ;)


Now for something we can both agree on




An album of stinkers, don't forget Hell in a Bucket is on that album as well.

Brothers and Stones are awesome!

Tuna

Same album Berry Oakely kicking Gene Simmons ass from the grave!!!.. Now this guy is genius..


Ubercat

How could anyone not like Touch of Grey?  ???

It's funny how music takes you instantly back to where you were when you heard it first or most memorably. I was in the Navy when that album came out and it was on the radio a lot. I was stationed on the Independence which was in dry dock in Philadelphia; my first time in an exciting east coast city.

I had to stand midnight to eight watch in the boathouse guarding the Captains gig. That song would be on the radio while I walked around and stared across the Delaware at all the lights of cities and the passing ships. Now, every time I hear that song I'm seeing those lights.

Norah Jones Sunrise puts me in a tiny bedroom in Baltimore on a cold rainy winter night. That could be a new thread. Where does x song take you?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MetalDog

Quote from: Ubercat on July 28, 2018, 07:47:19 AM
How could anyone not like Touch of Grey?  ???

It's funny how music takes you instantly back to where you were when you heard it first or most memorably. I was in the Navy when that album came out and it was on the radio a lot. I was stationed on the Independence which was in dry dock in Philadelphia; my first time in an exciting east coast city.

I had to stand midnight to eight watch in the boathouse guarding the Captains gig. That song would be on the radio while I walked around and stared across the Delaware at all the lights of cities and the passing ships. Now, every time I hear that song I'm seeing those lights.

Norah Jones Sunrise puts me in a tiny bedroom in Baltimore on a cold rainy winter night. That could be a new thread. Where does x song take you?

Go to it!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: Ubercat on July 28, 2018, 07:47:19 AM
How could anyone not like Touch of Grey?  ???

It's funny how music takes you instantly back to where you were when you heard it first or most memorably. I was in the Navy when that album came out and it was on the radio a lot. I was stationed on the Independence which was in dry dock in Philadelphia; my first time in an exciting east coast city.

I had to stand midnight to eight watch in the boathouse guarding the Captains gig. That song would be on the radio while I walked around and stared across the Delaware at all the lights of cities and the passing ships. Now, every time I hear that song I'm seeing those lights.

Norah Jones Sunrise puts me in a tiny bedroom in Baltimore on a cold rainy winter night. That could be a new thread. Where does x song take you?

Memories do give special meanings to song.. As MD knows, I'm a huge GD fan, I just hated that they kind of were going 'pop' and 'mtvish".. hated the album before that too (the white one). American Beauty is my Favorite.

I remember Cyndy Lauper True Colors playing at midnight when I arrived a lil early for my first night of my career at Reebok (3rd shift Computer Operator back in 86).

I remember Coltrane's My Favorite Things waiting in my car in the pouring rain in a Church Parking lot, (I was waiting for Bingo to get out so I could give my mother a ride home).

I can remember Jessica when I was stuff in the very back of my friends station wagon behind all the camp gear on a trip to NH (From that point on, Jessica always was a 'driving song' for me).

But you're right, whether or not you are a fan of a group or not, sometimes songs get etched into your memory. I think people who have these situations with music are a lil blessed it adds some color to their journey of life.

I must've had a bad Kiss experience as a teenager!


Ubercat

That video was kind of dumb. I never thought of that album as pop, though. I guess it can be subjective.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

I am not a fan of the Dead but I always liked Touch of Grey...:)

Here is a good modern version...War on Drugs is probably my favorite band of the last 10 years:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

'Modern version'. Now I feel like I'm in that 'feeling old' thread.  :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Hey I didn't give birth to you.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd