It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2020, 02:07:09 PM
IIRC RPS said about the Terminator game that it was 'much better than any of us should have expected' or something similar.

Anguille I do like Rocky IV, I have to admit...'I MUST BREAK YOU'

First impression is really good for me.   I was a bit surprised to start playing a Terminator shooter and find out it's really more an RPG.   Pleasantly surprised.  Good atmosphere too.  Seems worth the sale price.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

If you like it from the get go it will only get better! The early enemies are crappy but definitely get more bad ass as you progress.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

Ugh, I was going to be strong, but then Steam offered me $5.

So, I bought IL2 Battle of Bodenplatte, P-38, P-40 planes, OOTP Baseball 2021, and Pathfinder Kingmaker.  So weak.


Blucher

Any of you guys have any thoughts on Deity Empires? I have had it on my wishlist forever.

So far I just got Labyrinth the GMT Board Game conversion and Tabletop simulator.

Tpek

Still haven't bought anything.
Instead I've been cleaning my wishlist (down to a mere 279 items as of this post) :P

-budd-

Quote from: Blucher on June 27, 2020, 05:17:46 AM
Any of you guys have any thoughts on Deity Empires? I have had it on my wishlist forever.

So far I just got Labyrinth the GMT Board Game conversion and Tabletop simulator.

I really enjoy Deity Empires, have 30+ hours into it. Game has a lot of unit, spell, ability variety.  The basic graphics might be off putting to some but doesn't bother me much, there are a few workshop mods to improve some stuff. I just get on better with this game, then lets say Age of Wonders. I really like the risk, reward of the dungeon crawling......the deeper you go the better the loot. I find it to be a very good 4X game and hopefully the Dev keeps adding to it and improving it.

Here's a Daz video series.


As to the Steam sale, not to excited about it this year. I was going to fill out my DLC but.....meh.....i'm not playing those games right now anyway. I had a few dollars left in my account so i did pick up Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and that left me with just under $2 so might look for a cheapo solitaire game or something.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bobarossa

#51
Quote from: Blucher on June 27, 2020, 05:17:46 AM
Any of you guys have any thoughts on Deity Empires? I have had it on my wishlist forever.

So far I just got Labyrinth the GMT Board Game conversion and Tabletop simulator.
Bought Deity Empires when it first came out.  The design of the game is very good; however, the tactical AI was braindead.  Consisted of simply rushing every unit straight at you, even if they were outnumbered.  Maybe a more recent player can tell us if the AI was ever improved.
edit: too slow at writing response.  What say you on tactical AI Budd?

Gusington

Anyone playing IL2 Flying Circus? I've narrowed it down to that or Gears: Tactics.

Since Flying Circus is usually 80.00 and is now 40.00 it feels like a bargain to me, and two new 1918 campaigns were just released.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Hmmm....Global Mobilization on sale 66% off.  I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on that.

No other real sale items I'm interested in. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

Quote from: bobarossa on June 27, 2020, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: Blucher on June 27, 2020, 05:17:46 AM
Any of you guys have any thoughts on Deity Empires? I have had it on my wishlist forever.

So far I just got Labyrinth the GMT Board Game conversion and Tabletop simulator.
Bought Deity Empires when it first came out.  The design of the game is very good; however, the tactical AI was braindead.  Consisted of simply rushing every unit straight at you, even if they were outnumbered.  Maybe a more recent player can tell us if the AI was ever improved.
edit: too slow at writing response.  What say you on tactical AI Budd?

Haven't played for a year but as i recall the AI used ranged units pretty well, but its still tries to overwhelm you especially in the dungeons, but the quarters are tight down there. I auto resolved a lot top side when i could but i can remember trying to hunt down AI units on the tac map, i remember because it was irritating hunting down a couple of units. don't think the AI is good at coordinating units but few AI's are good at that. I'd watch the Daz videos, those game types are in his wheel house so you can get a good read on the AI with the settings he uses. I really enjoy all the different magic/spell stuff, i'm not a fantasy guy but i enjoy shooting fireballs or lightening at things.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2020, 11:40:23 AM
Anyone playing IL2 Flying Circus? I've narrowed it down to that or Gears: Tactics.

Since Flying Circus is usually 80.00 and is now 40.00 it feels like a bargain to me, and two new 1918 campaigns were just released.

I play a lot of FC and I really like it - but I only play MP, so can't comment on the new campaigns.  It's a "simmer's sim" in that the planes have the quirks and characteristics (roughly speaking) of their RL counterparts.  This is a plus for those who like to "fly" the planes, but not so much for those who just want to play a WW1-aeroplane-themed game.

Gusington

^Thanks. Are all the very technical aspects adjustable? I haven't really 'simmed' in 25 years and would love just a WW1-themed airplane game. There I said it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Haven't we been over this before?  You want Wings over Flanders Fields, Gus.  Not the RoF franchise.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Toonces on June 27, 2020, 06:28:03 PM
Haven't we been over this before?  You want Wings over Flanders Fields, Gus.  Not the RoF franchise.

This does have a Groundhog Day vibe.  And Gus, if you suck at WoFF, then (as Toonces said) FC/RoF is probably not for you.  Obviously when I say "a simmer's sim" I'm guilty of a level of ass-hattery, but my point was to say that, though I think it's a fantastic game and you should absolutely rush to buy it, I understand that not everyone has the same definition of fantastic game as me.