Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

I'm guessing the guy in between them with the ballistic vest is a family member of theirs, possible a father/uncle?  Looks like he's got all of Hell's wrath behind those eyes.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

I can think of a lot of valid reasons that Israel hasn't stormed into Gaza yet.  one of the best byproducts of the delay is letting pure vengeance boil off a bit.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 20, 2023, 06:47:40 PMI can think of a lot of valid reasons that Israel hasn't stormed into Gaza yet.  one of the best byproducts of the delay is letting pure vengeance boil off a bit.

Cooling off is a valid reason.

The most valid reason though is the military reality. 

Israel's ground forces arrayed for the attack may not be sufficient to succeed in their objectives. 

Hamas has been training and preparing the strip for more than a decade.  There are underground networks, escape routes, strong points and Hamas has very heavily trained its troops. 

Israel needs to employ a significant force to be able to take the strip.  The last time they pushed in they got a bloody nose compared to what they had expected. 

They have to employ sufficient force to endure significant casualties in urban warfare and still keep their borders secure. 

That's not an easy task from a military point of view. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

unfortunately there is a real clock ticking here with that many people under arms and not working and keeping the country going.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

image from Sderot of recent impacts from two barrages of rockets earlier this evening from Gaza.
where have I seen this kind of crater before?  :rolleyes:

GDS_Starfury

hummus reports that 2630 palestinians died from this IDF bunker buster.

MikeGER

i stick to my Bible those troubled days  :Hug:

Amos1:7 So I will send down fire upon the wall of Gaza,
    and it will devour their fortified citadels

:grin:

Groggy

Quote from: MikeGER on October 21, 2023, 04:46:56 AMi stick to my Bible those troubled days  :Hug:

Amos1:7 So I will send down fire upon the wall of Gaza,
    and it will devour their fortified citadels

:grin:

Christian Zionism says what?
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 21, 2023, 11:29:56 AManother day around  Avdiivka

https://twitter.com/i/status/1715762924088615286

Wrong thread, bro. It's definitely becoming hard to keep our wars apart. Just wait until Taiwan Invasion kicks off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 21, 2023, 11:32:02 AMJust wait until Taiwan Invasion kicks off.

the Navy seems to be actively practicing for that now in the Red Sea.

GDS_Starfury

pretty much sums it up

FarAway Sooner

Provoking external crises can be a good way to distract people from internal failings.  Going after the Little Satan (Israel) via proxies is a great way to get the Great Satan (US) involved, which will keep the Iranian regime in power for a while longer.

But an Iranian invasion of Israel would be downright stupid.  Not only because Israel could likely kick their butt, but also because even if they couldn't, the US probably would get involved.

I strongly suspect that the Israelis have had nukes for a couple decades now, but are saving them for existential threats.  We all know that the Iranians are getting nukes sometime very soon (if they don't already have some via illicit channels). 

There are a couple key assumptions that make nuclear deterrents work in a Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD) scenario.  Virtually none of those necessarily hold true in the Middle East.  I shudder to think what even a limited nuclear exchange (maybe 10 or 15 warheads on each side) would do.    :embarrassed:

al_infierno

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 21, 2023, 05:04:59 PMI strongly suspect that the Israelis have had nukes for a couple decades now

Wikipedia sez you're correct, they're believed to have completed their first deliverable nuke around 1967.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Israel
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao