Lawyers, Guns and FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, October 20, 2023, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

I used to there daily before Steam.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on October 27, 2023, 10:43:27 AMI used to there daily before Steam.

Same. 

TWC eventually became so laggy for me though.  Not just on one computer either. 

In any case Steam and YouTube killed a lot of these traditional gaming forums.  Once Discord came on the scene non of the young gamers hang out in forums anymore.  Nobody but us old relics. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Me too. I think their server is older than both of us.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

In case this thread is being recycled for a second Friday, it's----

Shadow Empire....AGAIN!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

Ok, mine is Tainted Grail - Fall of Avalon if I have time. Tomorrow is our annual West Point football game - this year vs. UMASS. Go Army!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

I'll go with recycling a Zevon music thread again. BoC work.  Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm work.  And CMO.
 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty.

SirAndrewD

Well, here's a song for you with the game...

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

With what little time I have it's going to be spent with Octopath Traveller 2.

Insert witty comment here.

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 26, 2023, 10:56:49 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 22, 2023, 02:16:23 AMSo what you are really trying to say is that you are a bot?  :twirl:
Honestly though, I did get the impression from your posts that you were genuinely a nice guy.

Oh no.  Wow, I really have you fooled!

But anyway thanks Destraex, same to you.   We go back even before the grogs to TWC if you remember.

I remember the total war centre. I think I used to go there up until rome2. Which was when my total war love affair ended.
I have to be honest and say I don't remember you there but am not surprised.
Twc was great. The internet feels like a very cold place compared to what it used to be. My glasses are very rosey today.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on November 07, 2023, 11:07:35 PMI remember the total war centre. I think I used to go there up until rome2. Which was when my total war love affair ended.
I have to be honest and say I don't remember you there but am not surprised.
Twc was great. The internet feels like a very cold place compared to what it used to be. My glasses are very rosey today.

I ended there after Empire.  I felt like the lead up to that was kind of a heyday. With your avatar I figured the same.

Back then I was still a history teacher and reenactor and felt I had something to offer.  Now I'm just a dry sad businessman.  Ah well.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 08, 2023, 01:31:04 AM
Quote from: Destraex on November 07, 2023, 11:07:35 PMI remember the total war centre. I think I used to go there up until rome2. Which was when my total war love affair ended.
I have to be honest and say I don't remember you there but am not surprised.
Twc was great. The internet feels like a very cold place compared to what it used to be. My glasses are very rosey today.

I ended there after Empire.  I felt like the lead up to that was kind of a heyday. With your avatar I figured the same.

Back then I was still a history teacher and reenactor and felt I had something to offer.  Now I'm just a dry sad businessman.  Ah well.
I think you are right for mods at least. I Think I went back for a brief stint to see about rome2. I did not apply any mods to shogun2 at all or Napoleon.

 Somebody as I remember dug out some files for grappling and corvus ships... which were never introduced into game. Which kinda showed me naval combat had failed to get the resources it needed to be as good as the land combat. Then on release of course land combat turned out to be neutered as well in both a graphical and a simplified feature sense.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

The last few posts have made me a dry sad man child as well  :buck2:

I must have stopped going to TWC when the Steam workshop took over for almost all my TW modding needs.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd