[Dominions 6] Grogspocalypse: The Return! (FINISHED)

Started by al_infierno, January 18, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on February 08, 2024, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: Tanaka on February 08, 2024, 09:35:15 PMJust the bats left.

Sounds like we are all starting to meet each other now? Except maybe in the caves?

Bats are done!  I've popped out of the caves, anyone who goes snooping in my territory will see I don't have a lot of real estate beneath the dirt.  :embarrassed:

Interesting. As you had caves set to random you must have gotten put in a smaller cave. That probably means Agartha is ruling a large cave somewhere and neither of you have cave competition. Nuts!
Quote from: solops on February 08, 2024, 11:17:02 PMApparently we got numerous tiny caves.

Ah interesting! War of the tiny caves! With thrones to boot!

al_infierno

I'm sure the cave wars will come.... sooner or later....  :HideEyes:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Yskonyn

There are reports of coastal recruitment having issues after 6.06.
Do we want to wait for a hotfix?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tanaka

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 10, 2024, 03:33:49 AMThere are reports of coastal recruitment having issues after 6.06.

You mean 6.05? My vote is nah we've all played our turns. Should be fixed before our next turn is finished.

TheMeInTeam

I don't think any of us have specific coastal rec stuff?  It could matter a lot for someone like Phaecia but for our nations it probably does nothing?  Unless I'm forgetting something on one of them.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TheMeInTeam

I think we should just advance, unless anybody is noticing being unable to recruit things they should be able to recruit.  "Coastal recruitment" is a specific meaning in dominions, basically national stuff that's only available on the coast.  I can recruit indies on coastal provinces like usual this turn.  None of us is Therados/Berytos/etc, so I don't think this bug influences our particular game whatsoever, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.  If not, we might as well continue.

Tanaka

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on February 10, 2024, 06:56:34 PMI think we should just advance, unless anybody is noticing being unable to recruit things they should be able to recruit.  "Coastal recruitment" is a specific meaning in dominions, basically national stuff that's only available on the coast.  I can recruit indies on coastal provinces like usual this turn.  None of us is Therados/Berytos/etc, so I don't think this bug influences our particular game whatsoever, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.  If not, we might as well continue.

Agreed I don't think this affects any of us...

al_infierno

Yeah let's go ahead and push on.  Ysk, you're the last one left.   :knuppel2:

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 10, 2024, 03:33:49 AMThere are reports of coastal recruitment having issues after 6.06.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tanaka

This is mostly a quick fix for the coastal fort recruitment that didn't work. Local network should also work with mods now as long as they are installed locally (not workshop).

General
Coastal fort recruitment didn't work
Local network is now fully working for non-workshop mods
Fix for indepenedents using path specific banishement spells
Huli Jing also got her glamour magic
Typo and stat fixes

JasonPratt

So the tiny cave wars will be started by invaders from other caves. Thus harmonizing both of Al's posts:

Quote from: al_infierno on February 09, 2024, 02:21:06 AMI'm sure the magical sex parties will come.... sooner or later....  :HideEyes:

Although now that I think of it after the joke -- I don't recall any faction up through Dom 5 featuring a culture like that, although several would have seemed ripe for it. Anything along this line for Dom 6?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 11, 2024, 03:48:57 PMSo the tiny cave wars will be started by invaders from other caves.

Nooooo! Xibalba and Agartha are CAVE BUDDIES! Trouble will come from those odd, two-eyed, bat-hating surfacers.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

Quote from: solops on February 11, 2024, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 11, 2024, 03:48:57 PMSo the tiny cave wars will be started by invaders from other caves.

Nooooo! Xibalba and Agartha are CAVE BUDDIES! Trouble will come from those odd, two-eyed, bat-hating surfacers.

I agree. Those surface dwellers are strange. Their affinity for the sun disgusts me.  :nono2:

- MengJiao

Yskonyn

Ok, turns sent.
Very rough start for me. Don't think I'll last much longer with Mekone coming down on me like a warhammer. ☺️
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tanaka

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 11, 2024, 03:48:57 PMSo the tiny cave wars will be started by invaders from other caves. Thus harmonizing both of Al's posts:

Quote from: al_infierno on February 09, 2024, 02:21:06 AMI'm sure the magical sex parties will come.... sooner or later....  :HideEyes:

Although now that I think of it after the joke -- I don't recall any faction up through Dom 5 featuring a culture like that, although several would have seemed ripe for it. Anything along this line for Dom 6?
Quote from: Yskonyn on February 12, 2024, 02:43:37 AMOk, turns sent.
Very rough start for me. Don't think I'll last much longer with Mekone coming down on me like a warhammer. ☺️

Ah our first war! And so it begins!