Main Menu

Civilization VII

Started by steve58, June 07, 2024, 11:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2024, 10:33:56 AM^I'm actually re-installing Civ VI now to try it out again. I've played only about 22 hours of it and barely remember it at all, other than not liking the extremely cartoony look of most of the graphics. I may pick up some heavily discounted DLCs if I feel differently about it this time.

I am guilty of this in all civs except 2 - as a completionist nerd I buy it, play one game n a relatively easy level, win, tick that box and move on - it's hard to say wether it's the games fault or mine for not wanting to go back - in this advent of uncompleteable grand strategy open ended games I usually play I always come back or restart and go again because there's no end to try and achieve - of the games I do own with a fairly achievable end goal - civ, koh2 I've beaten them and never returned

I will follow gus' example and see if I can go back to civ 6

Gusington

^Heh about a year ago I beat KoH2 as Croatia (!!) May play as the Mamluks or Fatimids or Abbasids soon.

Firing up Civ VI right now to see if my taste have changed and if the $9.62US  is worth it to complete my Civ VI set.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...still too cartoony to me. Oh well.  :Nerd:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2024, 09:09:38 PM...still too cartoony to me. Oh well.  :Nerd:

You're going to make me learn nebulous fleet command aren't you?

I have endless space 2 and all the updates on the back burner too

steve58

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see some gameplay videos.  Supposed to be some in August.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

rss334

Be curious to know peoples thoughts on knights of honor 2, new kingdoms game, crusader kings or eu4 vs civ.   Yes every game is different and unique which is the preferred groghead game?  I keep seeing posts about knights of honor 2 being complex but everytime I look at it seems like a watered down version of paradox and matrix games.  Unless Civ 7 offers something in this direction, not sure I'd buy it, like many here I own civ 6 and don't play it much.

Anguille

I've never been a fan of CIV V (can't really say why) but liked CIV VI a lot (even though i think that some things are too complex). I look forward to CIV VII.

Gusington

^Heh I'm just the opposite.

KoH2 is more complex than it initially appears and several huge patches since release have made it better.

Field of Glory: Kingdoms is very complex and very groggy:

https://grogheads.com/review/21351
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2024, 09:09:38 PM...still too cartoony to me. Oh well.  :Nerd:

Reinstalled and gave it a spin this morning - it was 11am, and then it was 1415 - time just disappeared and enjoyed every minute - can't remember if I'm doing well or not - as usual the whole religion, culture, artists thing has passed me by and I'm just building what I need and making more cities

Gusington

^You tempting Civ strumpet...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2024, 09:41:20 AM^You tempting Civ strumpet...

I'd forgotten all about the pure joy of having war declared on me and taking the moral high ground and deciding to wipe the aggressor of the map - Rome attacked, Rome is going down and their asshole friends the Germans

Having a great game - I'm leading on all fronts except faith

Im suzerin of Jerusalem and marching on Rome with their catapults

Gusington

What difficulty are you playing at?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 17, 2024, 12:24:26 PMWhat difficulty are you playing at?

Prince - which since civ2 is the highest I've ever played on but apparently it's the default 'normal' setting

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yes, yes, yes....but when are we going to play Nebulizing Fleet Command?

bruce205

Alpha Centauri from 1999 blows ALL the Civ games out of the water ! Who agrees ? Or tell me why I'm wrong. Love Civ 4 but Alpha Centauri is the best !