Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Well, she's not actually called that, but one hears rumours in the shady parts of the Warlock world (nudge, nudge).
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

I should be around tonight if I can actually stay awake this time :)

Does everybody voice chat when we play Warlock?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 05:58:42 PM
I don't, I use IM.

Do they have one in game or do you guys use the STEAM IM
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Steam IM. I don't use voice because I hate it and also my kids are literally right next to me in the next room, we share a wall.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Steam IM. I don't use voice because I hate it and also my kids are literally right next to me in the next room, we share a wall.

Cool so what time are we doing this?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Discussed with Tent, Gus and Barthheart the idea of rolling games.  Have a 2, a 3 and a 4 man game going that anyone can join.  It doesn't take up much space to save, so, each of our MP regulars can have  one each saved and when he gets on, anyone that joins in can play.  Just jump in and whatever your starting position is, you gotta do the best you can with it for as long as you play.

Couple of things to consider.  Three, actually.  One, we tried it earlier this evening and I was unable to join the earlier game with Tent, B. and Gus.  Didn't fiddle with it long enough to discover if there was a way around that.  If not, everything is down the crapper for that idea.  Two, if you get to play in a game you have previously participated in, it would be nice to go back to what you were familar with.  And three, the host would always have the advantage in the game as they would be the one constant in each session. 

It's all moot if we can't join games in progress that we didn't start in, so let's just hear some ideas until we know one way or another.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

^Yeah we'll have to see if you can join one you did not originally play in, not sure how we will go about that.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

During the game last night I found that I could do a little prepping and painting of minis while waiting for others to take their turns.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MetalDog on December 09, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
I'm going as fast as I can!!!

Haha, no I wasn't meaning to complain that anyone was slow.  With four players, even if everyone is a speed demon on their turn there is still some wait time.  It was just nice that I could slow prep some minis and not just sitting staring at the screen :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

I knew what you meant ;-)  Gus and Windi seem to think the next epoch is on the horizon, it takes so long for me to complete a turn.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

...especially when you're being eaten by dragons  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!