Main Menu

FRIDAY-o FRIDAY-o

Started by MetalDog, February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Skwerl on February 21, 2015, 11:08:42 AM

Majesty Gold HD (I picked this up from GOG on a whim - It's great)

I also had fun with Majesty Gold. Very different style of gameplay.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 21, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
I'm too romantic for the reload, when I think of Rome, Egypt, the Hollywood classics - they wouldn't be what they'd be without the major players making mistakes and acting on the twists and turns of fate - hitler reloading on the 7th of June, gandalf reloading his turn against the balrog, and darth vader reloading Luke's shot on the Death Star


Blah blah blah.  All I'm hearing is, "How much better and more noble I am than you."  None of that stuff took place in a vacuum.  Egypt had 3,000 years to get it right.  The Romans had the Greeks.  And you can't be serious about holding a handful of films above the fray and claiming their craptacular antecedents didn't happen for them to learn from?  Besides, where's the fun in, "playing until the bitter end?!!!"  Learn from your mistake and try again. :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2015, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 21, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
I'm too romantic for the reload, when I think of Rome, Egypt, the Hollywood classics - they wouldn't be what they'd be without the major players making mistakes and acting on the twists and turns of fate - hitler reloading on the 7th of June, gandalf reloading his turn against the balrog, and darth vader reloading Luke's shot on the Death Star


Blah blah blah.  All I'm hearing is, "How much better and more noble I am than you."  None of that stuff took place in a vacuum.  Egypt had 3,000 years to get it right.  The Romans had the Greeks.  And you can't be serious about holding a handful of films above the fray and claiming their craptacular antecedents didn't happen for them to learn from?  Besides, where's the fun in, "playing until the bitter end?!!!"  Learn from your mistake and try again. :P

MD....I'm with you, I understand, I do it too. Reload and try again!

vyshka

Looks like a weekend of shooting and blowing things up. Last night it was a bit of World of Tanks and today I have played some Battlefield 4.

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2015, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 21, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
I'm too romantic for the reload, when I think of Rome, Egypt, the Hollywood classics - they wouldn't be what they'd be without the major players making mistakes and acting on the twists and turns of fate - hitler reloading on the 7th of June, gandalf reloading his turn against the balrog, and darth vader reloading Luke's shot on the Death Star


Blah blah blah.  All I'm hearing is, "How much better and more noble I am than you." 

im sensing shame and guilt  :P

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Skwerl on February 20, 2015, 12:52:17 PM
Huw,

You're a brave soul to attempt Dominions in a drunken stupor.  I can just barely play when I'm sober!

Haha!  I have yet to go back to the game and see what I've done.  I think I started a game as MA Ulm, which is annoying because now I'm going to have to play a construction-focused game.

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 21, 2015, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2015, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 21, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
I'm too romantic for the reload, when I think of Rome, Egypt, the Hollywood classics - they wouldn't be what they'd be without the major players making mistakes and acting on the twists and turns of fate - hitler reloading on the 7th of June, gandalf reloading his turn against the balrog, and darth vader reloading Luke's shot on the Death Star


Blah blah blah.  All I'm hearing is, "How much better and more noble I am than you." 

im sensing shame and guilt  :P

Just pragmatism ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

A couple FSX flights with the new Flight1 GTN750 avionics I just bought (boy FSX is an expensive genre!).

The rest of the weekend was/is spent in Wargame Red Dragon and Warlock 2

endfire79

I caved in and bought OFP Red Dragon Rising, Wargame AirLand Battle, and ARMA III.  I know I said I wouldn't buy more, but well screw that.
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Toonces

^ those are all really excellent games....money well spent IMHO! 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

endfire79

That's what I tell myself :)

Plan is to enjoy this on the weekends and a few of those extra paternity days off I have.  For some reason I have a Cold War & contemporary conflicts fix (must be related to the news).
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Toonces

Me too, Endfire.  I don't know why but all of a sudden I have been completely sucked into a modern warfare fix. 

I might even start a thread about it.  I think maybe two years ago...maybe longer...I posted a thread about the lack of wargames on modern WW3 style warfare.  That is definitely not the case now.  In fact, I'd say we modern warfare gamers are almost spoiled by the variety of excellent games available.  Everything from ARMA 3 to Steel Beasts in the simulation category, to RTS games like Wargame:ALB/Red Dragon, to hex and counter wargames like Flashpoint:Red Storm.  And for naval wargaming the excellent CMANO.

Really, it's just fantastic!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs