Main Menu

X-Rebirth

Started by JudgeDredd, May 17, 2014, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millipede

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 27, 2017, 01:28:30 PM
Quote from: Geezer on October 27, 2017, 12:59:03 PM
Sorry for the thread necro but X Rebirth Complete is on the Steam sale until Nov. 1st for $12.49.  I already have X3: Terran Conflict and see that X3: Albion Prelude is on sale for $6.99.  Anyone who has played both have any thoughts on which way I should go?  I don't have the time to play both.  Thanks.

X3 is a totally different beast from Rebirth.  When Rebirth came out, it was in a pretty poor state, and so different from what people were expecting, it got hammered by fans and the press alike. However, since release, the game has been patched, updated, added to and expanded in a lot of ways that have addressed many of the loudest complaints. However, its still not X4, and is really a very different game. Personally, I would give Rebirth a shot now because X4 is in development and it looks like it will be the game that everyone was hoping Rebirth would have been. So, its hard to justify getting Albion Prelude now if X4 is coming down the pipeline. My vote would be to give Rebirth a shot, since it has really improved and is probably worth the $12.49. Heck, I just picked up the VR version for $25.

Jarhead, how is the VR version? I'm pretty sure you have the Vive but you wouldn't happen to know if the Oculus Touch is supported would you?

Yskonyn

I do and it is!
Havent got it though. But would be interested to find out how it plays.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Geezer

I see X Rebirth has a demo so I'll fiddle with that before the sale ends.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw