FRIDAY'S horse was red, the second horse was white.......................

Started by undercovergeek, May 30, 2014, 02:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: bruce205 on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce

TAL is fun.  I especially liked it because of the terrain hex tiles being different every mission.  So that adds much more to the movement-related decision making over other "Leader" series games.

The upcoming Tiger Leader game reportedly uses the same somewhat randomized hex terrain tile system, so I will likely pre/order that when it's close too.

Nefaro

I've been playing some of the HPS Modern/Panzer Campaigns lately.  Feels quite refreshing now that I've applied the graphics mod.  Looks so much better - my eyes don't bleed after staring at them anymore.  O0 

Currently doing some delaying actions with British, Dutch, and West German forces in North German Plain '85.  Fun stuff.  Also makes me want to get back into Wargame: AirLand Battle and maybe even check up on CMANO's latest version to see how much the interface has been improved since release.   I haven't picked up Wargame: Red Dragon yet.. been tight with the spending lately so I can wait for a decent sale in the future.

It's definitely a WW3 weekend on the PC for me.

I want to bust something out on the table, but dunno if I want to wrestle with anything too deep or too long.  Some solitaire Sentinels of the Multiverse or Mage Knight Boardgame perhaps?  I've played those enough to not need a brush-up on the rules.

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 30, 2014, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce
it's superb

+1
It's a blast to play. And hard too. >:D

MetalDog

Quote from: bruce205 on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce

Welcome, Bruce205!  Glad you found us and our World Famous Friday Thread!  I was out of town, so, some screwball got to pick the music this week, but, rest assured, something with some TASTE will lead off next weeks Friday thread.  That'll be because I start it :)

Up for some Warlock MP with Tuna and W8.  Just have to mesh our times together.  Probably get some Civ IV BtS MP in as well.  After that, no idea.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on May 30, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce
some screwball got to pick the music this week, but, rest assured, something with some TASTE will lead off next weeks Friday thread.  That'll be because I start it :)

i felt sure you would have been grooving to this weeks title track!

Kushan

Distant Worlds: Started a random game last night and got the Kiadians, one of the races added by the DW Extended mod. Was up until 1 am playing. Turning out to be one of the most interesting starts I've had. Along with my starting race, I also started with a population of Ikkuro, who are providing a nice boost to my merchants. Have a super scientist who is providing at least a 30% buff to all 3 major research areas. Almost out of the pre-warp era, will be beginning warp field research as soon as I unlock the tier 3 ship construction tech. If I can finish up some of my other modding commitments, I might get started on my own mod. Planning on redoing the ground combat tree.

Command: Doing my planned bi-annual update of my US carrier import files. Sooner I get them and the US amphib groups done, the sooner I can start modding DW:U. Also want to give the new beta patch a go.

Europa Universalis 4
Kerbal Space Program
Diablo 3



PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
I've been playing some of the HPS Modern/Panzer Campaigns lately.  Feels quite refreshing now that I've applied the graphics mod.  Looks so much better - my eyes don't bleed after staring at them anymore.  O0 

Currently doing some delaying actions with British, Dutch, and West German forces in North German Plain '85.  Fun stuff.  Also makes me want to get back into Wargame: AirLand Battle and maybe even check up on CMANO's latest version to see how much the interface has been improved since release.   I haven't picked up Wargame: Red Dragon yet.. been tight with the spending lately so I can wait for a decent sale in the future.

It's definitely a WW3 weekend on the PC for me.



I want to bust something out on the table, but dunno if I want to wrestle with anything too deep or too long.  Some solitaire Sentinels of the Multiverse or Mage Knight Boardgame perhaps?  I've played those enough to not need a brush-up on the rules.

How can you have a WWIII weekend without Flashpoint: Campaigns?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 30, 2014, 07:42:08 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 30, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce
some screwball got to pick the music this week, but, rest assured, something with some TASTE will lead off next weeks Friday thread.  That'll be because I start it :)

i felt sure you would have been grooving to this weeks title track!

Never heard of the song or the band before.  Listened to the whole thing.  Got to say, I think these guys did it better.  By a mile.


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bruce205

Thanks one and all, have been long time lurker and have been registered but never post !??  Not sure why.  U guys are a hoot and love reading the posts and especially the Friday Thread !!  Also purchased Mage Knight board game as I love fantasy and blowing stuff up (war games)
Have great weekend gang and keep smiling. Lifes way too short !!

Bruce

MetalDog

Glad you decided to come out of the shadows.  Always good to see more participants.  Can't have too many voices out there :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on May 30, 2014, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
I've been playing some of the HPS Modern/Panzer Campaigns lately.  Feels quite refreshing now that I've applied the graphics mod.  Looks so much better - my eyes don't bleed after staring at them anymore.  O0 

Currently doing some delaying actions with British, Dutch, and West German forces in North German Plain '85.  Fun stuff.  Also makes me want to get back into Wargame: AirLand Battle and maybe even check up on CMANO's latest version to see how much the interface has been improved since release.   I haven't picked up Wargame: Red Dragon yet.. been tight with the spending lately so I can wait for a decent sale in the future.

It's definitely a WW3 weekend on the PC for me.



I want to bust something out on the table, but dunno if I want to wrestle with anything too deep or too long.  Some solitaire Sentinels of the Multiverse or Mage Knight Boardgame perhaps?  I've played those enough to not need a brush-up on the rules.

How can you have a WWIII weekend without Flashpoint: Campaigns?

Not enough time in the day??

Actually, I thought there was a new patch in beta testing right now.  So I figured that I could do some of these others until it's ready.  Unless it's out now and I didn't notice.  ???

Pinetree

I'm hoping to finish my latest map this weekend and then actually play some Flashpoint Campaigns. It's been too long...:D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

vyshka

Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 09:44:21 PM
Quote from: mikeck on May 30, 2014, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
I've been playing some of the HPS Modern/Panzer Campaigns lately.  Feels quite refreshing now that I've applied the graphics mod.  Looks so much better - my eyes don't bleed after staring at them anymore.  O0 

Currently doing some delaying actions with British, Dutch, and West German forces in North German Plain '85.  Fun stuff.  Also makes me want to get back into Wargame: AirLand Battle and maybe even check up on CMANO's latest version to see how much the interface has been improved since release.   I haven't picked up Wargame: Red Dragon yet.. been tight with the spending lately so I can wait for a decent sale in the future.

It's definitely a WW3 weekend on the PC for me.



I want to bust something out on the table, but dunno if I want to wrestle with anything too deep or too long.  Some solitaire Sentinels of the Multiverse or Mage Knight Boardgame perhaps?  I've played those enough to not need a brush-up on the rules.

How can you have a WWIII weekend without Flashpoint: Campaigns?

Not enough time in the day??

Actually, I thought there was a new patch in beta testing right now.  So I figured that I could do some of these others until it's ready.  Unless it's out now and I didn't notice.  ???

2.04 is still in testing.

Rizik6

Back to playing a Civ5 game. Also trying to get a handle on DW: Universe.