Free-key Monday for Making History: The Great War

Started by MuzzyDev, June 02, 2014, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 28, 2014, 04:58:26 PM
And some, like Windy, were alive.


He probably can't hear you, sonny.  Type louder!

MuzzyDev

It's a day later and no one has gotten the second trivia question!!  Still a chance for a free game for some lucky historically minded wargamer!

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

MuzzyDev

100th anniversary of Germany sucker-punching Belgium and Britain stepping into the fray, creating one of the central "what if's?" of the war: What if the UK had stayed out?

As you ponder that question, have some keys:

WWMNL-PWDAC-G6JDV
8T5FK-MI4IJ-L4N79

Chris--

Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Tosh


OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Nevermind.  I found it, but both keys have already been used. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

#67
this game has been consuming a LOT of time.
some thoughts.

I'd like the merging of units to be a 1 click process.  that alone might shave off 5 minutes of time per turn when things get busy.  coal ships are way to short ranged.  this wouldn't be a problem if there was a collier/replenishment  class of ship your could make.  I'd like a quick way to see what cities have going on.  I know there are sub screens that have overall information but they dont seem to navigate easily.  I'd also like a list somewhere of what kind and how many units Ive lost and killed.  it might already be there but I aint seen it.  and demolishing existing infrastructure for rebuilding should take far less time. 
having said that as a start, Ive also had 1 more turn syndrome because theres so much stuff to do.  Im about to do this and about to do that and this research is about to finish and these fuckers are getting invaded and holy shit Europe is a clusterfuck and you bitches can suck on these 40 battle cruisers you age of sail suckers!

but I digress.

fun game.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MuzzyDev

Thanks, Starfury, great feedback!  I've passed it on to the design team.

Glad you're having fun :-) 

I've been busy writing the manual and there is indeed a ton of stuff, which you really find when you have to explain it all in detail.  ;D
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

MuzzyDev

BTW, a reminder, if you are enjoying the game, PLEASE give us a recommendation on Steam.  Each one helps boost the game's visibility.

Thanks!

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

OJsDad

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 07, 2014, 10:42:41 PM
this game has been consuming a LOT of time.
some thoughts.


having said that as a start, Ive also had 1 more turn syndrome because theres so much stuff to do.  Im about to do this and about to do that and this research is about to finish and these fuckers are getting invaded and holy shit Europe is a clusterfuck and you bitches can suck on these 40 battle cruisers you age of sail suckers!

but I digress.

fun game.

This  O0
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Quote from: MuzzyDev on August 08, 2014, 08:19:46 AM
I've been busy writing the manual and there is indeed a ton of stuff, which you really find when you have to explain it all in detail.  ;D

Any chance you can start releasing the manual one chapter at a time, even if they are not complete.  Would help with the learning curve.

One question maybe someone can answer now.  If I want to expand my region transportation value, do I have to either build road capacity at a factory or purchase it from another country.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

you need your steel mills making railroad capacity for a while to give yourself a nice cushion.  at the same time build up the provinces up to enclosed farming then build up the transport from unpaved road to medium railroads.  I havent seen the need yet to get into mechanical farming or high density rail.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


OJsDad

Alright, learning a lot last night.

Playing as Mexico. 

You don't need road, rail or ship capacity to build new roads or rail.  Those are used for the transportation of trade goods and units.

Learning how to conduct trade.  One issue is if you setup a trade deal and have the trading partner provide the shipping, they'll accept and then cancel a turn or two later because they don't have the shipping capacity.  Not sure if they didn't have it to begin with or if they had a better deal.

Found where budgets are controlled in the government section.  Would be nice to have that as a button at the top of the control panel.

The reports are nice, but it would be good if you could see more than just the last turn. 

Now, just one more click....
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MuzzyDev

Quote from: OJsDad on August 09, 2014, 08:22:27 AM
Alright, learning a lot last night.

Playing as Mexico. 

You don't need road, rail or ship capacity to build new roads or rail.  Those are used for the transportation of trade goods and units.

Learning how to conduct trade.  One issue is if you setup a trade deal and have the trading partner provide the shipping, they'll accept and then cancel a turn or two later because they don't have the shipping capacity.  Not sure if they didn't have it to begin with or if they had a better deal.

Found where budgets are controlled in the government section.  Would be nice to have that as a button at the top of the control panel.

The reports are nice, but it would be good if you could see more than just the last turn. 

Now, just one more click....

Thanks so much for your feedback!  Yes, "capacity
' represents the number trucks, trains and ships you have to move materials--or troops.  For example, Road capacity replaces motorized Infantry.  You move 10 infantry units using road capacity, and their movement rate improves to 3.  If you don't have enough capacity, your troops can still get there the old-fashioned way--by marching at a speed of 1.

We are looking at possibly adding some custom hotkeys.  But panels remain sorted.  So if you are looking at income on the govt. panel, for example, and do some other things, look at other panels, etc, then return, the panel should still be sorted for Economy > Income.

We'd like to see more reporting, too.  It's on the list.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane